• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Treats Them Like He Pulled The Fangs Out

Rick Stallard

3 Year Member
I almost think this guy would pull the fangs out so he can make these videos....
and he has 1000s of hits!!

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi Rick.
I've had T's now for nearly 5 weeks and have held 1 of the 3 I have. That being my G.Pulchra sling. If his guy pulls the fangs from his T's how do they eat?.
It's very sad to think anyone would hurt a T.

Sym

Rick Stallard

3 Year Member
Hi Rick.
I've had T's now for nearly 5 weeks and have held 1 of the 3 I have. That being my G.Pulchra sling. If his guy pulls the fangs from his T's how do they eat?.
It's very sad to think anyone would hurt a T.

Sym
No no, don't mean he really did, Just makes you think he did because of the way he is so rough with it. I handle almost all my Ts and my rosies alot, but I bet I'd get bit if I was rough like him. Maybe he cools them way down before making videos. Just can't see even a rosie taking that kind of treatment.

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Oh, man...I saw this video on another forum. This a**clown really irritates with the way he roughly handles that poor T. Worst part is, those new to the hobby are watching this garbage thinking we all do this and this is how it's done.

God, I hate YouTube sometimes...

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If there are any new people to the hobby like myself sees such a video and think this is the way to handle a T there is only 1 thing that will happen .
They will get bitten as a result of being so rough.but it will only be the T's fault!!..

Sym

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ugh...I know. And the title of the video is "How to Handle a Pet Tarantula". So, anyone new to the hobby who is looking for handling info and searches YouTube is going to see this video and possibly emulate it.

I just hope that folks immediately take note of his goofy hat and realize that he is likely a clueless d-bag.

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If there are any new people to the hobby like myself sees such a video and think this is the way to handle a T there is only 1 thing that will happen .
They will get bitten as a result of being so rough.but it will only be the T's fault!!..

Sym

They will get bit and likely flick the T through the air, injuring or killing it.

Rick Stallard

3 Year Member
Ugh...I know. And the title of the video is "How to Handle a Pet Tarantula". So, anyone new to the hobby who is looking for handling info and searches YouTube is going to see this video and possibly emulate it.

I just hope that folks immediately take note of his goofy hat and realize that he is likely a clueless d-bag.

I think he's Ted Nugents biggest fan.

swimbait

3 Year Member
I think handling Ts in the first place stresses them out, obviously there are a few exceptions some Ts just like to be out. I handled my A. avic the other day for the first time, he is only 2". He sprayed me and I put him back and he stayed in that spot for hours before climbing back up, I don't think he liked it at all. I say he but idk the sex

Last edited:

Rick Stallard

3 Year Member
I think handling Ts in the first place stresses them out, obviously there are a few exceptions some Ts just like to be out. I handled my A. avic the other day for the first time, he is only 2". He sprayed me and I put him back and he stayed in that spot for hours before climbing back up, I don't think he liked it at all. I say he but idk the sex

You will find just as many people that will hold their Ts as you will that never hold one. It's what ever you want to do. There is no proof at all as to which way is right.