• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Trani's (B. boehmei) Journal

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Good day all,

So excited, just received the fireleg replacement of the DOA lastweek! My son named it so can't do anything about it. Here it is:

Oppsss! Just the friendly small tree frog living in my koi pond filters. ^_^

Here it is:

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Aww, how cute. It's about the same size mine was when I got him in August (or was it July?) last year. He's now nearly 1.5" Leg Span. Boehmei's are great: Beautiful and mine is always out and about doing something (although he did hide a lot for the first couple of months).

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It is currently resting in the dark after the excitement of the kids at its arrival and the photoshoot. LOL. Will give it half a mealworm in two days time. Just made sure that its enclosure is humid enough. ^_^

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Humid? It's a Brachypelma lol. Just like B.smithi it needs to be kept dry.

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ah ok @Chubbs :T: I though that slings need higher humidity for all species. BTW, their substrate is bone dry, it's just that their enclosure is inside another container with side vents and wet paper towels at the bottom.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There's really no need for that. Just give it a smaller water dish such as a bottle cap. Just to clarify, humidity isn't what's important with certain species, it's moisture. Species like Ephebopus, Haplopelma, Theraphosa and a few others need moist substrate.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Definitely like it dry. Mine sometimes doesn't even like his water dish being full and fills it with substrate regularly (at least, I think that might be a reason he does it. He could just be a tw@t, lol). As long as they look healthy and hydrated there's no reason to worry.

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Already removed the outer container. Trani is staying behind the hide that I placed. Maybe wants to stay in the open when it's dark all around.

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This little one molted today. Was refusing food but I could not determine the molting coloration signs. :rolleyes:

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Congratulations! It gets easier to see a premolt once they're a tiny bit bigger. You'll also begin to see more and more of its adult colours, too.

Latest posts