• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Too chunky?

itsgrazz123

Is she getting a bit too chunkers? Shes been eating a couple of medium dubias each week......Cheers

1.jpg

itsgrazz123

Thanks for replying. No noticeable behavior issues. Seems keen to eat when I put food in there but I thought her bum might be getting a bit big lol I might just go one roach per week a bit instead of two.

I agree with Josh! Looks like an Avic species and the abdomen appears slightly larger than the carapace. Abdomen size and shape can vary though between species but typically this is good! My T Albos abdomen looks huge all the time and she is still always,always wanting to eat. Water in the bowl and her she comes looking to sink those fangs into a meal! Same with my Geniculatta if she don't spook too bad! I definitely think your baby is not too chunkers!! Lol. Happy spidering bro!

itsgrazz123

I agree with Josh! Looks like an Avic species and the abdomen appears slightly larger than the carapace. Abdomen size and shape can vary though between species but typically this is good! My T Albos abdomen looks huge all the time and she is still always,always wanting to eat. Water in the bowl and her she comes looking to sink those fangs into a meal! Same with my Geniculatta if she don't spook too bad! I definitely think your baby is not too chunkers!! Lol. Happy spidering bro!
thanks a lot for the response, sounds like she is doing good then thank you