• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Today's task: Rehousing Pterinochilus spp. ✔

Nunua

3 Year Member
Today is the day I'm going to rehouse my speedy kids, Pterinochilus lapalala and Pterinochilus murinus Mikumi DCF.

Those kids fit very well in their delicups but sometimes they become extremely enthusiastic and decide to web the lid - Everyone can guess how annoying it is to open the lid after that when you carefully need to slide something thin between the web and lid, so the small and fast little Ts won't bolt out :D
That's why I decided it's better for all of us to give them a bit more space to create their web castles. I'll be using same freezing boxes as with H. cafreriana coastal, M. balfouri, and C. sp Kaeng Krachan - Deep enough to add substrate for tunneling, but no need to worry too much of lid webbing.

P. murinus Mikumi DCF
5a21b8d5fe.png

P. lapalala
b2232f7eac.png

More photos after the job is done, but first it's time to go and have a breakfast with my hubby in the harbour :p

Nunua

3 Year Member
Kids are in new enclosures and there were no escapees, though I had a bit hard time with P. murinus Mikumi DCF because it really didn't want to leave the beloved clump of web. :D

Confused P. lapalala. Still wondering about what the heck just happened. In quite heavy premoult, too... Hopefully I didn't disturb it too much.
It would've been annoying to move it after moult, though, as there would've been tons of webbing and the faster and more bolty sling
c4571aed1b.png

P. murinus Mikumi DCF - First a bit spooked but started walking and webbing around after being brave enough to leave the bottle cap / water dish.
Even now I see the flailing butt and spinnerets next to the red-and-green plastic plant :D
3345840db3.png

4dc19ea839.png

Last edited: