• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thoughts on terrestrial enclosure

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
Thoughts or criticism on my terrestrial enclosure? Any input is appreciated
20200310_070344.jpg

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That looks to be the same size as an Exo-Terra enclosure I have sitting empty at the moment. 30 X 30 X 30 & if mine looks that good when I need to use it, I will be very happy.

You have a lucky T.

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
That looks to be the same size as an Exo-Terra enclosure I have sitting empty at the moment. 30 X 30 X 30 & if mine looks that good when I need to use it, I will be very happy.

You have a lucky T.
Thanks! Only change I might make as of now is taking the big plant out. Kinda in the way for feeding

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I use to use these for terrestrial Ts but gave up on it. The 12x12x12 exoterra enclosures become a huge pain in the butt. As you see in the photo you need to slope the dirt up so it's not too tall for a falling spider. The problem with this you can see substrate already coming out of the cross ventilation. In time the spider...especially most Tliltocatl, Brachypelma, Aphonopelma, and Grammostola are going to burrow and dig. Guess where all that substrate is going to end up???? Down hill against the doors. Huge mess and a pain in the butt. Also with the cross ventilation being at the substrate level I've had roaches/crickets escape.
For glass enclosures for my terrestrial Ts I use Zoo med creatures low profile enclosures. 10x8x20 with a fully ventilated top. Simple and perfect for all terrestrial spider.
20181229_170758.jpg

DOS1392

I use to use these for terrestrial Ts but gave up on it. The 12x12x12 exoterra enclosures become a huge pain in the butt. As you see in the photo you need to slope the dirt up so it's not too tall for a falling spider. The problem with this you can see substrate already coming out of the cross ventilation. In time the spider...especially most Tliltocatl, Brachypelma, Aphonopelma, and Grammostola are going to burrow and dig. Guess where all that substrate is going to end up???? Down hill against the doors. Huge mess and a pain in the butt. Also with the cross ventilation being at the substrate level I've had roaches/crickets escape.
For glass enclosures for my terrestrial Ts I use Zoo med creatures low profile enclosures. 10x8x20 with a fully ventilated top. Simple and perfect for all terrestrial spider.
View attachment 44093
Is this the same:

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Latest posts