• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Think my t is gone

Ranger94

Saw what I though was mold in my slings cage so I went to rehouse it and could not find my giant white knee got it on may 23 this year it was 1/4 sling what would y'all suggest

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I hope you can find the little guy. What size is your enclosure? If you can't find a 1/4" sling you maybe using the wrong size enclosure. The correct enclosure size would be a condiment cup...1oz.

Here's a photo of me rehousing out of a 1oz. Enclosure into a 12 oz. The spider in the photo is almost 3/4".
20181103_113138.jpg
20181103_113201.jpg

I usually rehouse slings close to 1". The 12oz. Enclosure I use until they are 2.5"-3". The biggest problem with raising slings is that people want to put them into big luxurious enclosures right off the bat. Theres plenty of time for fancy enclosures...cheap and easy is always the best.
All this info is just in general if someone else is reading and needs info. Nothing directed at you for doing something wrong. Hope you find your little guy.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I've emptied substrate out into a box, gone through it with a soft brush 3-4 times and not found a tiny sling then suddenly there is a small movement and the little monkey is sitting looking at me :D. In other words don't give up.

Ranger94

I hope you can find the little guy. What size is your enclosure? If you can't find a 1/4" sling you maybe using the wrong size enclosure. The correct enclosure size would be a condiment cup...1oz.

Here's a photo of me rehousing out of a 1oz. Enclosure into a 12 oz. The spider in the photo is almost 3/4". View attachment 37938View attachment 37942
I usually rehouse slings close to 1". The 12oz. Enclosure I use until they are 2.5"-3". The biggest problem with raising slings is that people want to put them into big luxurious enclosures right off the bat. Theres plenty of time for fancy enclosures...cheap and easy is always the best.
All this info is just in general if someone else is reading and needs info. Nothing directed at you for doing something wrong. Hope you find your little guy.
Thanks for your help my wife put him in a cricket container I told her it was to big but didn't want to stress it out to bad I put two crickets in there and one was gone the next morning that was a couple days ago so he may still be in there but like I said I though I saw mold but it wasn't so I put substrate back we're it was

Nunua

3 Year Member
How big were the crickets and were they alive or pre-killed? Also, if alive, was the second cricket still in the enclosure when you started checking it for mold? I'm asking this only because crickets are vicious beasts and can easily kill and eat even a bigger sling.

Latest posts