• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Think my 2" avic will be happy in her new/old home?

freerangeTs

3 Year Member
My avic was given to me in an Exo Terra breeding box set up for a terrestrial. So I gave her a not so great make shift home that would at least give her some height for a few days until I could set something better up.

Now I've taken her breeding box, turned it on its side and added a few things.

Anything wrong before I rehouse her tonight?

Attachments

• IMG_20180119_191729_512.jpg
    IMG_20180119_191729_512.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47

freerangeTs

3 Year Member
I didn't add any ventilation as it's a breeder box so along the lid, it has 3 rows of seven slits rather than holes on the side (from top to bottom), and then each side on what's now the front (used to be the top): L: 7 slits at the top, R: im guessing 20 slits from top to bottom, the bottom being where the substrate starts.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It might work out ...if it looks to be a problem later you might need to put holes in the sides vs. Putting them in the bottom, and taping up the top. ;)

freerangeTs

3 Year Member
I've got an order of springtails to pick up on Tuesday so I'm hoping that will help prevent microbial growth if that's where you're aiming lol.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Fluent air motion through the enclosure...stuffy enclosures will kill Avics. My Avics substrate is too dry to support micro organisms. I do use a huge water dish and over flow it weekly but the other half the enclosure is bone dry.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If it was me...id drill holes in the sides and tape off most of the lid. you'll have cross ventilation and you can still use it in the future for a arid terrestrial.
Edit...
You may not even need to tape off the lid....play it by ear for now.

Latest posts