• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The weirdest thing.

tarantulaguy1994

3 Year Member
My A. avicularia was showing all signs of pre-molt. She stopped showing any sign. Started taking food again today, there was no molt in her tank. Has any one ever had this happen.

spidey noob

3 Year Member
What signs of pre moult were u seeing ???
I have feed slings one day & then when I checked if they had taken it the next morning the cricket was gone & it had moultd !!!

tarantulaguy1994

3 Year Member
She had refuse food for a few weeks, was making small bits of web, I know most Avic web a lot mine never really has unless about to molt though, she also had a bald darkened spot on her. Maybe I need to check the tank better and maybe I will find a molt. But so far I have not seen one.

spidey noob

3 Year Member
it does sound like pre moult !!! but i far as i no once a Ts has started the moult cycle it will have to complet it !!!
so im not shure whats going on :confused:

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
my avic avic does that sometimes. as far as not taking food for a couple of weeks and then decides she is hungry on like the third week. my GBB has done the same.