• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The elusive CLEAR 16oz deli cup

Sharno

3 Year Member
Hi everyone - does anyone have a link to the correct Amazon 16oz deli cup with lid that is actually CLEAR and not that semi-clear, hard to see style? At some point I got amazing totally clear deli cups in that size, and since then I've ordered others thinking they were the same and they are harder to see through. I've checked my order history and can't find it, so maybe I got them somewhere else.

If you know of a vendor - or if Amazon has them, then a link - that would be great!

I bought a bunch from my local grocery store back when I was into breeding.
I remember that the manager who sold them did not include the lids at point of sale. Make sure they are mentioned when buying them, as I assumed that was included. It almost doubled the price, which isn't much unless you are getting over 100 and at the mercy of one last minute option.

BTW, I just came across Really Useful Boxes this weekend that I had. Check out my post in this section.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I use smothie cups with a domed lid which I brought off ebay. I then glue a piece of thin white material I brought a few square yards of from a local shop over the hole in the lid. So clear plastic, good ventilation & some piece's fiberglass mesh glued in the lid & on the side of the main cup & it makes a good arboreal enclosure. And yes I use bark, but the fibergalss mesh makes for a good climbing material, when hot glued into the cup.

It is not the best image, but this is what I do.

z.jpg