• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The Donald (#45) has probably saved Brazilian tarantulas

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
LMAO....the biggest rule in the world is dont talk about religion or politics. Especially if your going to get your feelings hurt. If you dont like a topic...dont comment and move on. All forums have a off topic discussion formats. If you dont like it dont explore those avenues. It's pretty simple really.

Mr. P

3 Year Member
I havre to agree, it clearly states in the thread topic "Donald (#45)" so you should bypass if easily offended. Most forums I have been on have a "Ignore" button but I have not seen one in here.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
MassExodus I have given this a lot of thought ...there are a dozen sarcastic replies to your response to my first post on the tip of my tongue. Why is it Forums and blogs etc bring out the unkindness in us? We are all here just doing the best we can. We all need all the help we can get. I don't even know you. So I am withholding those further comments and wishing you love and a really good day. Respectfully trying to be more human - Lynn
Exactly what did I say to you that was unkind? And to Mr. P, I don't say anything to anyone online that I wouldn't say to their face. "Keyboard warrior" just aint my bag. I do, however, have strong opinions on certain things. Such as censorship, fascism, SJW's, and emotional people who offend easily, etc. Y'all have a nice day.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I agree. Trumpophiles have plenty of fringe media outlets on which to rant. There's no reason to do it it on our Tarantula Forum.
You remind me of every sad little leftist I've ever met. This thread for instance. Instead of moving on, you feel the need to cry about anything that makes you angry, uncomfortable, etc..just move on. You don't like the thread, so piss off..or does that not make sense in your tiny little brain? You would rather try to stifle free speech then just go about your business. That tells us all that you're just being a cunt because you don't like what was said. Get over it, Nancy. Feel free to run crying to a moderator, that's what you girls always do. If you take issue with what I said, PM me, I'll give you my name and address.

Tnoob

I'm not worried about tarantula being imported into the United States. I get people love the hobby, but on the same note each one in the states that is outside of their natural habitat could be a potential threat to our ecology. Further more, I also think it's very important that Trump keeps his talks with this dude about the exchange of goods and services, and not about live animals. Sharing out wildlife could have serious impacts on a wide range of issues we are already dealing with.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm not worried about tarantula being imported into the United States. I get people love the hobby, but on the same note each one in the states that is outside of their natural habitat could be a potential threat to our ecology. Further more, I also think it's very important that Trump keeps his talks with this dude about the exchange of goods and services, and not about live animals. Sharing out wildlife could have serious impacts on a wide range of issues we are already dealing with.
Most south American sp won't survive the winters, even in Texas. Florida is a different story, but its really not a problem in the T hobby. Importation of captured sp is a non issue. Vagans in florida is a non issue. Tarantulas are not like mammals. Long term? Minimal effect on the ecosystem.

Tnoob

Most south American sp won't survive the winters, even in Texas. Florida is a different story, but its really not a problem in the T hobby. Importation of captured sp is a non issue. Vagans in florida is a non issue. Tarantulas are not like mammals. Long term? Minimal effect on the ecosystem.
You have a good point, but I still think importation isn't super necessary. Especially from the wild. I'm much happier if he fixes the economy so I can have more money to pet tarantulas later. Besides, we should have enough species in the hobby to maintain the hobby.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You have a good point, but I still think importation isn't super necessary. Especially from the wild. I'm much happier if he fixes the economy so I can have more money to pet tarantulas later. Besides, we should have enough species in the hobby to maintain the hobby.
True enough, except for endangered spp. Hobbyists should be collecting and breeding those as fast and as often as they can, if they care about them. Duty trumps everything. And make no mistake, we all have a duty to these animals. I'm not a poeci fan, but I'm planning on collecting the endangered ones, breeding, and selling them. Cant walk away from it, though I did consider it. Poecis are all going to be in trouble soon. Well, many, anyway.

Tnoob

True enough, except for endangered spp. Hobbyists should be collecting and breeding those as fast and as often as they can, if they care about them. Duty trumps everything. And make no mistake, we all have a duty to these animals. I'm not a poeci fan, but I'm planning on collecting the endangered ones, breeding, and selling them. Cant walk away from it, though I did consider it. Poecis are all going to be in trouble soon. Well, many, anyway.
Exactly, and this is why I am so interested in the OW sp.

Latest posts