• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula prices, are they worth it?

Ratmosphere

3 Year Member
Grammostola pulchra 5" female: $450

Pamphobeteus ultramarinus 2.5" female: $475

P. metallica 1.75" female: $300

Xenesthis sp. blue 2.5" female: $450

Are these prices worth paying for tarantulas of these sizes? Is it standard? If it is not, what are some normal prices?

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Haha I know where you’ve been looking!

That highly depends. If you want an AF pulchra in the next year then I’d say yes. Its all supply and demand. It doesn’t hirt to ask him for $50 off since its been listed so long though.

For the pampho I’d say about the same, although I’ve only seen 1 AF pulchra for sale in a long time and I think I’ve seen a couple (literally 2-3) ultramarinus females for sale in the last year.

My local craigslist has an AF P metallica for half that right now.

I have no info on the X intermedia.

Its all supply and demand. If you want to breed sometime soon then I’d say the first two aren’t too far off of fair. Otherwise wait and get slings. They’ll show up in the spring/ summer I bet.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Like anything else, it pays to shop around. Also consider getting a sling or juvenile instead of an adult. It's cheaper and the T will live longer.

If you're new to the hobby or getting a defensive one, it'll give you time to observe and react to the spider before it becomes unmanageable. You and the spider can adapt to one another and it's lots of fun to watch them grow.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Check out the vendor reviews and the for sale parts of this forum. If you look at 5 to 10 vendors, chances are that you'll find much better prices then those.

Some of those prices are highway robbery.

Latest posts