• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula infographic critique

designerjake

3 Year Member
Hi Tarantula Forum, Jake here. I'm designing a graphic about tarantulas and need some help making sure it's accurate. My work gets a lot of views and I can't be spreading misinformation as I'm dedicated to good, quality research.

It's not ready for public sharing yet since it probably has errors, so I'd only ask that it not be shared outside of this forum, please. Of course once it's officially published online you can share it all you want if you think it's good enough and useful :)

Here's the link: http://jacoboneal.com/_test/tarantula/

bestco

3 Year Member
Very nice work Jake :), good information for people who are interested in tarantulas, need a few tweaks, keep up the good work :)

designerjake

3 Year Member
Very nice work Jake :), good information for people who are interested in tarantulas, need a few tweaks, keep up the good work :)

Thanks for taking the time to check it out. What tweaks do you recommend? Is it extensive or just small things like text changes? It would be really helpful to hear your suggestions.

designerjake

3 Year Member
Do you own tarantulas?
I don't own tarantulas, no. But I bought "The Tarantula Keeper's Guide" among a few other books, and studied every website and wikipedia page I could find. I design and research infographics on a broad array of subjects, and tarantulas just happens to be one of those subjects :)

BossRoss

3 Year Member
Jake, I am no biologist but your website is simple to read and understand. It provides excellent information for beginners and people who have misconceptions about Ts.
From a software point of view it would be awesome to have the content centred align, people reading the site from HD and UHD screens will prefer the centre alignment. Also the links are not click-able at the bottom of the page(the references) otherwise I love it. The animations(.gifs) are awesome to!!!

designerjake

3 Year Member
Tecnically this is just a preview while I clean up errors. I'm currently updating the graphic, and the BBC Earth will publish it on their website and I on mine (animagraffs.com). When that happens I'll drop a line on this thread so you can get the official, updated, technically accurate version.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looks very good. The info provided is accurate. You should add to the very first sentence that tarantulas can also be as small as 1/3" (Aphonopelma paloma, Prentice 1993); this would give an idea as to the size range there is between varying species.

Latest posts