• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tank is set up, tips and advice please

Captain Firecat

3 Year Member
Hi all

Tank is set up, thought I'd show it here in case anyone wants to point out a glaring issue (better to find out now than when the T dies/escapes!).

Glass tank, scrubbed till my fingers bled, taped on the joins to ensure they don't come apart (it's an old tank), heat mat firmly attached, temperature holding at 21C (and it is currently SNOWING in sunny England). Humidity at eep 91% (see below). Lid is thick and is held on by Velcro straps at each corner and good old heavy books on top. The picture hooks on each side ensure the lid is on without gaps, while allowing the lid to slide when needed.

Water bowl added, with a rock to prevent drowning of food. Coconut shell hidey hole.

In my opinion:
1) The humidity needs sorting, more air holes or is there a better way?
2) More 'floor' needed as the height is too much ATM (about 6 inch).

Other than that I'm happy with it, next step us to actually get a T! After I've sorted the above (and any concerns you raise).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 49