• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Swixter's growth, starting with March 2014

Alexander White

3 Year Member
He started off so little! Here's some photos showing his growth... He has had four molts since I bought him. I've had him for ten months now.

March:
swix__grammostola_pulchripes_spiderling_by_alexandersmantids-d7cs6ic.jpg

June:
swixter___grammostola_pulchripes___measured_by_alexandersmantids-d7krw6u.jpg

July:
swixter__grammostola_pulchripes_by_alexandersmantids-d7sa8cd.jpg

October:
swixter_measured__fangs_to_anus_by_alexandersmantids-d83gkt4.jpg

November:
swixter__grammostola_pulchripes_by_alexandersmantids-d856vp4(2).jpg

December:
fuzzy_swix_by_alexandersmantids-d8aknkn.jpg

TBC

Alexander White

3 Year Member
Wow he's getting big! Great looking tarantula. My g. pulchripes hasn't molted in 13 months, I think she may be ready to breed after her next molt. I hope so, she's going to be my first breeding project.

Yeah! Thanks! I agree, he's a beauty. Oh wow, quite a while! How long have you had her? That'd be awesome to breed her!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
He's looking great. It amazes me how those tiny non-descript slings blossom into such stunning creatures.

Alexander White

3 Year Member
July 1st

His second molt this year!

IMG_20150702_190056.jpg

IMG_20150702_185810.jpg

August 13th

He's gotten kind of pouncy! He thinks I'm food! So I held him on the bark lol. I get all itchy once I touch stuff in his cage so I wear rubber gloves too. Look how big he has gotten! He is amazing. I like getting up-close shots of his eyes.

Swixter.1.jpg

Swixter.3.jpg

Swixter.2.jpg

Swixter.4.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts