• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Suitable enclosure for Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

E

ExMember

After much thought I have decided to get a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens at the next expo in May. So now my thoughts are going to housing. I am kinda puzzled as this species seems to live part arboreal, part terrestrial and sometimes fossorial.

The spider in question is listed as being 1". I have heard that these guys do need it kept bone dry with a water dish. And need web anchor points. But I am confused as to what dimensions the tank should be. Standard terrestrial (3x legspan in all directions floorspace minimum and no more than 1.5-2x height) or more arboreal? How do you guys keep them? I would prefer to rehouse as little as possible. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. And I have a fair bit of time before I get it for research.

Cheers!

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Our 3/4" GBB started off in a Jamie's arboreal sling enclosure, which was fine except that it hardly used the height. As a juvenile it climbed less and less and is now basically a terrestrial.

This T can be kept like a NW terrestrial, from my experience. I have a thread about ours, here is a post specific to the GBB as a sling https://www.tarantulaforum.com/threads/three-more-slings.21754/post-127770

Latest posts