• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

suggestions or concerns greatly appreciated on cage

unholyryan57

Would like some criticism on my setup so far for pink toe tarantula. Do I need something stable underneath hanging decor for extra climbing ?

Attachments

• 232FE5C6-BA7E-4771-8BC0-CF81EC3D183C.jpeg
    232FE5C6-BA7E-4771-8BC0-CF81EC3D183C.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 48

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looks pretty good. The avics dont have the same issues with mesh covers as the terrestrial do so that's fine. The ornamental logs could do with being more vertical if possible as although the plants are fine, not really much for an adult to use as a home. Will be ok for now if a juvie, but an adult avic can get 6 inches and so I dont think the ornamental logs will be big enough. A cork bark would be better. I am sure it is there, a nice big open water dish as well and I reckon you are good to go :)

E

ExMember

If you are concerned about the mesh I have heard of putting a thin cotton sheet under the screen. The spiders don't like it because it feels unstable so they don't bother to go up there. But generally it is less important with arboreals.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If you are concerned about the mesh I have heard of putting a thin cotton sheet under the screen. The spiders don't like it because it feels unstable so they don't bother to go up there. But generally it is less important with arboreals.
What about replacing the steel mesh screen with outdoor grade fabric shade cloth?

Latest posts