• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Substrate

ALD

3 Year Member
I feel like, if you have a lot of T's (which I intend to) Lugarti is too pricey-
AND I already have the Eco Earth bricks in my home that I use to mix substrate for
Hermit Crabs. I may get the loose bag stuff for the T though. Just because the bricks take forever to dry.
Which with Hermit Crabs is not an issue as you want super high humidity and you are mixing with wet play sand.
It seems like for T's though, it's extra work.

Last edited:

ALD

3 Year Member
Substrate question for a GBB in a 5 1/2 gallon tank- how high would you fill the substrate? Half way or more? I am planning on getting a small -medium size GBB. Not something too tiny.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't own that species, but if I did I'd give it a ton of room to web up and plenty of anchors such as plastic plants etc.

By all accounts they are prolific web meisters. An artist needs a generous canvas after all!! Look at a bunch of YouTube videos of people who have them.

Latest posts