• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spider related Christmas gifts

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My friends and family know me so well. A selection of some spider related gifts. From L to R
1. "I would rather be with my Tarantula" mug and coaster set (for work)
2. "Leave me alone I'm only speaking to my spider today" tee shirt
3. Tarantula DVD
4. Colour changing "spiders of the world mug" (had to have a cup of tea so you could see the pictures on it.....honest ☺)

Love these. Hope all my fellow T enthusiasts had a great Christmas and share your gifts too?
20161226_094246.jpg

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Great gifts, I love the T shirt :)
Cool ain't they? Got a new heater and some containers for the spider house ut thay are not as visually pleasing. Santa did a good job this year ;)

Ratmosphere

3 Year Member
Not so much spiders, but invertebrates. Here's some stuff my mom got me for Christmas. The glass says "I like big bugs and I cannot lie" and has a Dynastes tityus above it haha. She also got me the cicadas on the left and the two butterflies on the right. Awesome Christmas!

FullSizeRender-6.jpg

FullSizeRender-5.jpg

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not so much spiders, but invertebrates. Here's some stuff my mom got me for Christmas. The glass says "I like big bugs and I cannot lie" and has a Dynastes tityus above it haha. She also got me the cicadas on the left and the two butterflies on the right. Awesome Christmas!

View attachment 21281

View attachment 21282
They are awesome gifts. Santa did a good job again ☺

ManlyMan7

3 Year Member
Awesome gifts!

I am waiting for the day my wife realizes how much it would mean to me for her to get some serious T gifts for Christmas, especially tarantulas themselves. She is quite supportive of my hobby (we even met over my Ts almost 20 years ago) and I don't have much trouble convincing her to let me get a new one, but she refuses to get me one as a gift.

I can't complain as my collection has grown by 15 Ts this year including a random gift T (2.5" P antinous female) an Internet acquaintance bought me. He literally called me up a couple months ago to tell me I had to go down to the post office and pick up a package!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

ManlyMan7

3 Year Member
Hardly.

After my 8" girl passed away, I was looking for opportunities to replace her. I forget how I came in contact this person, but in time he mentioned that I had convinced him he needed to go back to church. I wasn't trying to convince him, but I do happen to be a pastor.

Fast forward a year and a half or so, and he reached out to me to say he wanted to talk on the phone. It took two months to arrange that as I happened to be busy at the time filming a project out of town. When we finally agreed on a day to talk, he called me to say I needed to go to the post office to pick up a package, then said, "I was convicted I needed to do this."

So, no worries there.

:D

Nicolas C

3 Year Member
I forget how I came in contact this person, but in time he mentioned that I had convinced him he needed to go back to church. I wasn't trying to convince him, but I do happen to be a pastor.

Funny, I'm a pastor too.
There must be something in the water, or should I say in the holy wine...!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

ManlyMan7

3 Year Member
Exactly. As I love to ask church members who comment about how gross or evil these amazing creatures are, "Who DESIGNED tarantulas? Why do you harbor such attitudes toward what your Creator designed?"

That usually makes them think.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk