• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Some T’s for sale

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
M. Balfouri suspect male communal of 3 is now $130

If you can take a dorsal picture of each one I can sex them all for you right now...but from what I can see in your pic they appear male. I can't say 100%, though because one of them appears to be lying on its side and the other has its legs drawn in.

JS31

7EA94836-CC57-44CF-AFC4-D2FD40537468.jpeg

JS31

The first 2 are definitely male....the last one not so sure because the lighting is throwing me off. I'm 50/50 on the last one but you definitely have 2 out of 3 as male. Did you use a flash on the last pic or are they all in natural light?
They are all natural light

JS31

If you can take a dorsal picture of each one I can sex them all for you right now...but from what I can see in your pic they appear male. I can't say 100%, though because one of them appears to be lying on its side and the other has its legs drawn in.
Thank you for the help.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Casey is infinitely more intelligent than I, but I'm gonna weigh in because I also have a balfouri communal of three.

It seems to me like the first is a penultimate male, the second looks like a mature male (tibial hooks?) and the third is a sub adult male. If they were sac mates, they seem to have had slightly different growth rates.

JS31

Casey is infinitely more intelligent than I, but I'm gonna weigh in because I also have a balfouri communal of three.

It seems to me like the first is a penultimate male, the second looks like a mature male (tibial hooks?) and the third is a sub adult male. If they were sac mates, they seem to have had slightly different growth rates.
They are all 1.75” to 2” dls specimens, so they are definitely still slings.

Latest posts