• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Some new T's in mind...

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Okay so I have a few T's in mind but can't pick one to get, if anyone has owned any of these T's and would like to give me info and care on keeping them I would appreciate it! :)

Brazilian Black
T. Blondi
Skeleton Leg
Indian Ornamental
OBT
Cobalt Blue

khatchet

3 Year Member
I have kept obt the care is easy. I keep mine at 60 to 70% humdity room temp. mine is about 2 or 3 inch and it its 1 larger cricket a week. They are fun to keep. Cheap to buy. All togather i would say it is in my top fav. I would deffently reccomend it to you.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have all of them, the only one that's hard to keep is the Blondi. They're very fragile, and need very high humidity. Mold, and bacteria are an issue. They need a lot of attention... want mine? lol

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Thank you both for the response I appreciate your info, I love OBTs I am just fascinated by them!! And their color just makes my eyes pop out of my head lol! I love Blondis a lot too, how high is the humidity for your T Kenny?

khatchet

3 Year Member
I do not have a t bolndi but i know people who do and they keep a towel over half the cage to keep humdity up. And atho i have never had one i have things that need high humidity. A light misting in the morning and a heavy one at night has always kept them there for me

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The humidity isn't the issue, preventing mold an bacteria is, and proper ventilation. Yous pretty much forced to use a Rubbermaid. However, if you wan't to go with a stirmi (burgundy Goliath) they're much more forgiving, and cheaper lol

novakdesigns

3 Year Member
I had an indian ornamental, raised him from sling. Absolutely stunning and lightening fast when his food was dropped in tank. Never handled him though

Tongue Flicker

3 Year Member
I own an OBT and she's such a baby. Unlike every obt thread i've read about their being aggressive, mine has a mild temperament. She doesn't mind her enclosure being opened for me to take a photo, like this one :D

IMG_89418073455874.jpeg

Fred Scrooby

3 Year Member
We started a year ago. Now the proud owners of 25 T's
M/F
1/1 Mexican Fire Leg
1/1 Mexican Red Leg
1/2 Brazillian Black
1/1 Brazillian Black & White
1/1 Socotra Blue Baboon
2/3 Gooty Sapphire Ornamental
1/1 venenzuaila Sun Tiger