• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Some advice on new T's

Spidershed

3 Year Member
Singapore Blue . . . big blue (if female), fast and rarely seen but when it does come out . .WOW
Trinidad Chevron . . . never had one for some strange reason. I'll probably get a few this year to see what the fuss is about.
Socotra Island Blue . . . blue and grey. Pretty. Can be kept communally. Reasonably calm for a baboon
P.metallica . . . big blue and a very good looking spider. everyone should have one (or two)
Cameroon Red . . . Fast and aggressive but a nice looking spider.

Spidershed

3 Year Member
Lol, you've so made it difficult now. I want them all, oh and to see a Chevron right infront of you worth it trust me. I have the Panama blonde and sun tiger same genus, great aboreals.

Chevrons (P cambridgei) are an OK looking spider but i think there are many many more better looking species out there. At a guess i would say out of the 65-70 species that i currently have, easily 50 species are a better looking.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes colorful species are many, but I look at at colour size attitude. Like many would love pokies, and id choose a togo star burst. Some would say p.metallica, id choose h.lividium. I'd still want a p.metallica, but id first take the h.lividium. Also looking at the earth tigers, so that was just my small list. Singapore Blue is a definite, I already have a borneo black.

Spidershed

3 Year Member
I have all of those and many more (roughly about 950 - 1,000 inc slings) and I have some all one colour and others with multi colours.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't have many, 33 at the moment. Don't think I'd get even remotely close to that figure, just want certain ones in different groups. Like the Singapore Blue(lapropelma genus) and one other in that genus. Then to fill up the Psalmopoeus genus with the last the Trinidad Chevron. Then do the others in mind.

Charmyknux

3 Year Member
I have a Chevron that I've raised from a tiny sling. She (I hope its a she, still a juvenile) is wonderful. Very fascinating to watch and super good looking.
She has even been gentle enough to handle a bit, but boy is she FAST!
I absolutely love those lightning bolt patterns on the legs ;)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385008158021.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385008158021.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 7

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Holy cow, some of you have a LOT of Ts!!! And people look shocked when they hear I have a (tiny) collection of four. They have no idea just how big a hobby these critters are. Tons of fun, too. Have fun with your up-and-coming Ts, Martin! :)

Charmyknux

3 Year Member
Holy cow, some of you have a LOT of Ts!!! And people look shocked when they hear I have a (tiny) collection of four. They have no idea just how big a hobby these critters are. Tons of fun, too. Have fun with your up-and-coming Ts, Martin! :)
Well, they're like potato chips. You can't have just one (bag!)

Latest posts