• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

So in an effort to help my partner feel better bout the T's anyone keep enclosure in a cabinet?

ryanm7277

A cabinet with doors, for an extra escape proof barrier? I intentionally made sure that the enclosures I made have latches or snaps for their lids, but I am curious if anyone has their enclosure in a cool cabinet? Either for display purposes or hiding purposes? What solutions have you come up with if any? please include pictures, thanks so much.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
All my little sling containers are kept in an ExoTerra mainly to protect them from my cats but it does work as extra escape proof barrier.

DSCF5949.JPG

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yeah I am wondering about this on a larger scale, maybe a wooden cabinet with glass doors, shelves and lights. I don’t know we will see.

A local pet store keeps all of their T's in a large vivarium, as they are then behind a locked glass door. It works for them.

Using a cupboard means you will only have one area to heat, not several enclosures. And you can insulate the enclosure to make that heating more efficient. The only thing to watch is ventilation.

I keep all of my small slings in vials, which I keep inside two kitchen tubs with good ventilation added.

lews r.a.d

A cabinet with doors, for an extra escape proof barrier? I intentionally made sure that the enclosures I made have latches or snaps for their lids, but I am curious if anyone has their enclosure in a cool cabinet? Either for display purposes or hiding purposes? What solutions have you come up with if any? please include pictures, thanks so much.
I’ve kept mine in an old reptile tank that I’ve had for a while, in which I hope to house a skink at some point.
3142B0EB-4F88-483E-AFDD-F57C50891F9E.jpeg

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
In the winter in particular I keep their acrylic enclosures in several different plastic or glass enclosures. Here is a thin plastic reptile cage i use for slings. In the summer I worry more about heat, humidity and air flow so I keep most of them on open shelving.

20220824_173854.jpg

Latest posts