• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

So..I got a job in my degree field

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Which, here in America after graduating only in December is kind of hard to do.

Full time, benefits, the works. And a pay raise from my current part time job. In a place that is restorative justice based (so, for those that don't know what that means, it basically helps offenders not reoffend, and helps them manage or give them the tools (or both) to live in society successfully).

However, after graduating and working in the law firm, even though I am applying to law school currentl..I'm not sure lawyering is what I want to do. I want to help fix the justice system..just not sure how.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Thanks! Especially so soon after graduating. Granted, what I will be doing is clerk based but still company is degree based haha.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There you go!
When my middle son got his masters he had hell getting a job in his field, so honestly HUGE grats!

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I want to help fix the justice system..just not sure how.
What needs to be done in a nutshell:

restructure the wages for all government to minimum wage, or near that, so they can suffer as the people they're supposed to represent suffer. remove the few hundred thousand laws that they've made over the years and are never enforced and replace them with laws that apply to life now.

I'll stop there or be writing a book here ;)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well,..perhaps I should clarify by how,,,I more meant in what area ie attorney, advocate etc haha
never have been able to stand a lawyer I've met yet ;) i do have respect for the child and other advocates though, so that would have my vote.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Haha, thanks kormath. Well, I like the lawyers I currently work with..but just not sure if its right for me anymore. Why is being an adult so hard?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Haha, thanks kormath. Well, I like the lawyers I currently work with..but just not sure if its right for me anymore. Why is being an adult so hard?
You're in the easy pay still. wait till you have kids that pay you back for all the hell you put your parents through lol

Latest posts