• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

So I finally got a Tarantula….

ryanm7277

When deciding to buy my first tarantula, I some how wound up with six of them. I been watching YouTubers and got the itch to get one. Then I started looking and wound up settling on 2 Tliltocatl albopilosus, 2 Aphonopelma seemanni, and 2 Avicularia avicularia. They are all decent sized juveniles, not exactly sure how old they are? Maybe 2-3? Maybe someone else could chime in based on size. So far we have Ziggy(curly hair) and Ren(zebra/striped knee), have settled on names for the rest.

Not sure if the enclosures are size appropriate or not and I rigged 2 for arboreal setup, for the pink toes. I did top soil, coco fiber and moss. Sadly the cork bark hasn’t gotten here yet but as soon as it does I will add then so they have hides. I got these ceramic water bowls thinking they were a bit larger, unfortunately I will be buying more lol. Any name suggestions? Are these setups good? Bad? Anything I could do better? Thanks for checking it out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12

ryanm7277

I also forgot to mention, I didn’t realize that Aphonopelma Semani were gonna be the one species that while probably still beginner friendly, we’re totally kicking those hairs at me, the curly hair were rather slow and no to skidding. The pink toes seem pretty chill although one of them scaled my arm lol. So far so good though.

Tn tarantula

I also forgot to mention, I didn’t realize that Aphonopelma Semani were gonna be the one species that while probably still beginner friendly, we’re totally kicking those hairs at me, the curly hair were rather slow and no to skidding. The pink toes seem pretty chill although one of them scaled my arm lol. So far so good though.
You have a great start the enclosures you have should be fine I did the same thing you did I watched several YouTubers and got the itch as well I have four but about to get about twelve more so it's a very addictive hobby lol

ryanm7277

You have a great start the enclosures you have should be fine I did the same thing you did I watched several YouTubers and got the itch as well I have four but about to get about twelve more so it's a very addictive hobby lol
12 more, that’s a jump what species r u getting? I am thinking bout adding a couple of Grammastola and a pink zebra beauty is really high on my list, but I want to get use to these guys a little first!!

Tn tarantula

12 more, that’s a jump what species r u getting? I am thinking bout adding a couple of Grammastola and a pink zebra beauty is really high on my list, but I want to get use to these guys a little first!!

One just one more please promise it will be the last BUT look its so beautiful :p
That's how it always starts just one more lol

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Not only do I dislike those commercially made water bowls which never seem to hold water. But bottle & jar tops are so much easier to replace when a T buries them. Some of my t's have 2 or 3 water bowls in their enclosure. With just the one above the substrate.

And it's not just the earth movers who bury their water bowls. Some T's seem to have a desperate need for water bowls at differing levels of their substrate.