• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sluggish/possibly sick B. boehmei

LeahThomas

3 Year Member
Hey guys, I noticed my B. boehmei acting a little weird. I looked over at him and saw a rapid motion from him... Hard to describe what it was. It was kind of like he was jerking his body up and down very, very fast. When he walks, his legs seem sluggish. When he turns, he looks like a pin wheel all fanned out because he doesn't actually pick up his feet and put them in the right position. It almost looks like he's dragging himself. But he still occasionally moves regularly, just very slowly. He just looks sick. I've read all about DKS, but I'm not sure those are the symptoms he's having. I'm planning on preparing an ICU for him but I'm not sure if I should wait to see him in a death curl until I move him into the ICU.

He molted about 2 weeks ago (successfully) and ate two crickets yesterday.

I also want to add that I keep my T area between 70-80 degrees F. The room has about 10%-15% humidity levels, and he gets a small water dish. Since he molted, I moved him to a larger enclosure. I've had him since January or so, and have never had any problems with him.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
:( Poor thing. I'm not sure what could be bothering him but I hope he recovers swiftly. Keep us updated on his condition.

Indigo

3 Year Member
Hi, may I ask if you ever found out what was wrong with your tarantula after taking him to ICU?