• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US slings, isopods , scorpions and much more for sale

BKBUGZ

3 Year Member
Hey guys and gals! We are happy to present the following list of little critters for sale. Everything on this list except the MM, was proudly captive bred and born here with us. They have been pampered from day one and hope you all find something you’d like to continue to love. At these prices things are going quickly, we need the space, so jump on em while we got em:)

***Any purchase $45 gets a free starter culture of isopods.***

SLINGS:

Cyriopagopus sp. “Sulawesi Black”…1.5+”…$25, 3 for $60, 5 for $85, 10 for $120. A Giant Asian arboreal. These little guys are VERY impressive eaters!

Pterinochilus murinus (OBT)….2”…$18ea Cute little eating machines! A very nice reddish gold!

Cyclosternum pentalore…. .5”-.75” (pattern showing)…$15ea…going fast

TRUE SPIDERS:

(2)MF Kukulcania hibernalis…1.75+”…$8ea, both $12

***We have KILLER pics of the Moms and slings. Contact us and and just ask.

MALES:

MM (9/14/15) Sericopelma melanotarsum…$40: - a truly magnificent looking T.

MM (12/17/15) OBT…$35…very large for an OBT male…

SCORPIONS:
Rhopalurus junceus…2i…$20ea…Gorgeous orange and blue. Eating day old red runners (will send as few), also will eat pinhead crickets and fruit flies.

Centruoides gracilis…2i…$8ea

***Comming soon*** Babycurus jacksoni scorpilings

ISOPODS:

These guys are great little cleaners! We include a springtail inoculation with our isopod cultures, so you would get a combo culture. Between these two organisms, your T’s enclosures will be constantly cleansed of mold, bolus, and any other decaying matter:)

16oz dwarf white started culture (20+)…$12

16oz dwarf white well established combo culture (50+)…$20

16oz dwarf white super size combo culture (100+)…$35

*substrate is a mix of topsoil, coco fiber, sphagnum moss, bark chips, and leaf litter:) The Best!

MISC.:

Armadillidium maculatum (Zebra pill bugs) - Exciting, Rare and New to the hobby! These guys are just great. They are adorable and have such pleasant personalities. Start your own little village, you’ll just LOVE them. Super easy to take care of!

8 for $15 (mixed sizes), 15 for $25 (mixed sizes)

Anadenobolus monilicornis ( Jamaican Bumble Bee millipede)…adults for $5 ea, 6 juveniles/adults for $20, juvie/med mix. 12 for $15, Another great animal to cast your eyes on.

Shipping: calculated upon request. We use all carriers.

TOS: both overnight and 2 day delivery are both honored by LAG. if animal is either injured or deceased upon arrival, you must take a photo and send it immediately to 9174344720 for refund.

Attachments

• IMG_1748.JPG
    IMG_1748.JPG
    834.8 KB · Views: 11
  • FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    859.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2541.JPG
    IMG_2541.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2039.jpg
    IMG_2039.jpg
    719.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2195.JPG
    IMG_2195.JPG
    727.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2041.JPG
    IMG_2041.JPG
    903.2 KB · Views: 11

Megan Wright

3 Year Member
Hey, I have been interested in getting some isopods for my T's enclosure but I am not sure what I would need since I am new to the isopods (and T care, I am a lifelong enthusiast, but only been a T owner for ~3 months). I currently only have 1 G. pulchripes, she's around 2.5" so she only has a bitty little container. I imagine I would only need a couple in her tank to keep things orderly, but would you mind telling me how many to put in with her/how to actually do this?

BKBUGZ

3 Year Member
Hey, I have been interested in getting some isopods for my T's enclosure but I am not sure what I would need since I am new to the isopods (and T care, I am a lifelong enthusiast, but only been a T owner for ~3 months). I currently only have 1 G. pulchripes, she's around 2.5" so she only has a bitty little container. I imagine I would only need a couple in her tank to keep things orderly, but would you mind telling me how many to put in with her/how to actually do this?

Hey Megan:) Welcome to the hobby. The dwarf isopods are about 1/4'' as adults. They are referred to as "wood lice" because they eat decaying wood and leaves as a staple. However, they also eat decaying materials such as old molts, dead food items, bolus, etc. The springtails are way tinier organisms that eat mostly mold, mildew, and fungi. A combination of such organisms is referred to as a "clean-up crew" like snails and hermit crabs in a marine aquarium. They will constantly burrow through the substrate, oxygenating it for microscopic organisms and more of themselves making for a comfortable living space. They require some level of humidity. A weekly or bi-weekly spraying of the tank would suffice. In drier enclosures they will congregate around and under the water dish. They will reproduce readily in your tank. We have had these in all or our T tanks, along with live plants, and we rarely if EVER have to clean them. This provides a quite natural environment for your Ts and reduces unnecessary intrusion into their home. For one small enclosure, you could start with just a dozen or so isopods. They will reproduce to a population that can be sustained in that size tank. With these and other microorganisms, the larger the enclosure, the higher the stability of the system. We do have 1/2 gallon jugs with little more than 1'' of substrate, and they do just fine:) We also have a nice variety of small terrarium plants available that do great in small tanks, with limited light, and are pesticide and fertilizer free. If you have any questions, please just ask.

Latest posts