• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Should I Rehouse Now?

Roxy_451

I want to know if I should move my p.metallica now or after its next molt (should be in a week or so). I haven't really needed to do a rehouse before because my other T is a b.hamorii and hasn't molted in over a year and since it grows so slowly, i never really needed to rehouse it yet. (When I got it a few years ago it was already a decent size)

Attachments

• 20220607_174314.jpg
    20220607_174314.jpg
    992.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 20220607_174106.jpg
    20220607_174106.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
  • 20220607_174221.jpg
    20220607_174221.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
  • 20220607_174314.jpg
    20220607_174314.jpg
    992.4 KB · Views: 40

ta122

Normally, I would say wait because you want them to feel safe and comfortable when it's time to molt. However, I'm not seeing much webbing or any places to hide while molting. That is probably more stressful. I'd rehouse now and add more foliage/places to hide. These guys grow quickly, so you could at least quadruple the enclosure size. Best of luck!

Roxy_451

Normally, I would say wait because you want them to feel safe and comfortable when it's time to molt. However, I'm not seeing much webbing or any places to hide while molting. That is probably more stressful. I'd rehouse now and add more foliage/places to hide. These guys grow quickly, so you could at least quadruple the enclosure size. Best of luck!
Thanks. It has webbing on one side and often hides behind this piece of wood I have in there. The photos suck but she does have a weird burrow along the side of the wood she climbs up and down on it and om the walls. When I got it it was super tiny so it could hide much better

ta122

Thanks. It has webbing on one side and often hides behind this piece of wood I have in there. The photos suck but she does have a weird burrow along the side of the wood she climbs up and down on it and om the walls. When I got it it was super tiny so it could hide much better
Okay, that's good. It is difficult to tell in photos sometimes. It's better to wait, then. How big will they be? Several of my pokies just molted too. I love seeing all the colors become more crisp and vibrant :)

Ny0ka

I want to know if I should move my p.metallica now or after its next molt (should be in a week or so). I haven't really needed to do a rehouse before because my other T is a b.hamorii and hasn't molted in over a year and since it grows so slowly, i never really needed to rehouse it yet. (When I got it a few years ago it was already a decent size)
I have one the same size as yours and was wondering the same thing. I was considering putting it straight into its adult enclosure. I know the enclosure is statistically too large but as long as you know where it is hiding, I would guess feeding should be OK but would love a reply from any experts on here

middy74

Hi my p Metallica is the same size has your's and she hopefully, is in a large acrylic enclosure with lot's of bark on back wall and she loves it.

Latest posts