• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Runaway OBT

Tcannamom

I went to feed my lil OBT sling, Peter, and he ran out of the enclosure and up my arm before I even got the cover off! I managed to get him down my arm and, after many laps around the outside of the enclosure, he safely made it back home! I can't believe I handled an OBT

Attachments

• 20201104_095651.jpg
    20201104_095651.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Not long after I got my first OBT as a juvi, my son (adult) had opened her ExoTerra for some reason and she sneaked out the gap by the door hinge, ran round to the back and sat still, he just grabbed her and put her back in her home. Only afterwards did he stop and think it wasn't a wise move to handle her. No damage done fortunately.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I agree. I've never even been thrown a threat posture, however I'm still intimidated by him lol I think it's just the stereotype of obts
I agree but keep in mind that his behavior will likely change as it’ll grow up. Especially when you’ll disturb it in his well webbed sanctuary ;)

Tcannamom

Not long after I got my first OBT as a juvi, my son (adult) had opened her ExoTerra for some reason and she sneaked out the gap by the door hinge, ran round to the back and sat still, he just grabbed her and put her back in her home. Only afterwards did he stop and think it wasn't a wise move to handle her. No damage done fortunately.
Exactly! I didn't really think, when he bolted i just cupped my hands! He was actually a doll considering lol no threat postures or anything, just coolly walked around my hand and arm but I'd rather not do that again!
I agree but keep in mind that his behavior will likely change as it’ll grow up. Especially when you’ll disturb it in his well webbed sanctuary ;)
Oh I have a healthy respect of his personal space, no worries!

Latest posts