• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Royal Mail UK failing to do the one job they are supposed to!!!

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi all
After deciding not to get any slings this autumn(winter) and generally trying to resist the urge for more spiders due to maxing out on space I came across couple of juveniles (sub adults) that tickled my fancy and are needed for my future breeding projects on(around) 20th November.
After a discussion with both sellers we decided to delay shipping due to RM strike actiond and we agreed the parcels to be posted on 28th for delivery on 29th using RM special delivery before 1pm.
That was not the case and today is the third day and still no sign of both parcels.
To add to the pain RM have issued a statement on their website that they are suspending any refund of charges and damages due to delay for anything posted end of November till 5th December and that really makes me MAD as while I understand that strike action makes things difficult for them I find it rather irritating that they will even think of that.If they can't deliver the service they are asking money for, they should suspend it altogether instead af being an arsehole and trying to put their failures on the customers.
I am not there yet but I am determined and very focused individual that will seek every complaint and escalation policy out there to get compensation if the need arise.
This is in no way a criticism towards the employees of the company and their efforts to get a better wages and working conditions for themselves.
Its a rant towards the company and the cheek to take their customers hard earned cash for service that is not delivered.
I am still rooting for the two spiders in the post to hopefully make it alive when the parcel turns up.
Regards Konstantin

Konstantin

3 Year Member
I will post updates on the situation as it develops.
Plan is tomorrow first thing to visit the Sorting office near me where the parcels should be and try to get to them if not out for delivery

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi all
Been out and about since 8am this morning.
First stop was the Sorting office near me where the parcel is supposed to arrive before being send out for delivery to me.Due to strike action the location is closed to the public with gates locked.Few people wearing union vests having a social (brews ,bacon butties and a makeshift firepit)near RM vehicle entrance which is open.Me greets them and gets in.Im not allowed to go there but I don't care.Anyway I get to customer services(locked door) and ring bell to get someone's attention .Chap comes out and I tell him whats up(I have Special delivery due 2 days ago containing live animals and trying to get to it)
I will get a manager he says and is off.20 min nothing happens and car pulls up.Bloke comes out and is like "Noone will answer the door.They on strike"
I tell him they already did and Im waiting for manager to come.Another 10 min noone shows and a nice lady comes out to trow some rubbish in large bins outside..I tell her that I am waiting and its a good idea for someone to see me while I am playing nice and I would hate myself to have to be rude and disorderly in order to see the said manager. Anyway she gets in and shortly after he approached me.
I explained whats up to him and gave him my tracking information for my parcels.He went in to check if they have them but no joy.He explained probably they are still in the mailing centre and never left due to the strike and backlogs.
I get the address and Im off to a 30 min one way drive to it.When I arrived there .I am told they not open to the public and Im at the wrong place to chase undelivered parcel.I insist politely and get trough barriers to reception. I saw someone and told my story.They were helpful and explained the situation to me.
Due to the sheer number of parcels sorted and placed in sealed bags its not possible to locate my parcels but ensured me Special delivery items are stored in separate office wich is considerably warmer than rest of the site warehouses and are being priority for delivery and possessing but there is noone there today due to strike action.
I am not going to be a complete arsehole and make a scene for the sake of making a point.
I left my details if there is someone with access to said Special delivery storage to contact me if they come across my mail and left but Im not holding my breath.
At leat I tried!!!
Now if I don't have it marked for delivery tomorrow morning I will revisit the Local sorting office and request to hold parcel there and once its scanned as received there will go pick it up to make sure its not going to be in an unheated van for half a day if its possible
To be continued.....
Regards Konstantin

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi all
Both parcels arrived today.
Everything inside ice cold as expected but due to how well they were packed both spiders are alive atm.Both housed in their new homes with few extra water dishes and put away in quiet place to warm up and settle in.
Feeling optimistic by the way they moved out of their packaging so hopefully all is going well in future.
Regards Konstantin

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Thanks.
I was really worried it dropped to 3°C last night here in my area.
Fingers crossed they go from strength to strength from now on.
I am definitely not ordering anything else this year too many strike action days ahead in December that mixed with rest of the parcel load ecpected due to holidays ahead doesn't look good no matter of postal service used.
Its not worth the stress. If I had sling in post I doubt the outcome would have been good.
Regards Konstantin

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Glad they are OK :)
We had the same issue as you with spiders stuck in the post-also had a good outcome.
Some are just a little more Hardy than others I think.
Can I ask what the spiders were that you got?

x_raphael_xx

My postie that delivers to work said today, that RM are priorising business parcels, so if possible get things posted to work.
Can't promise it will get there faster, but worth a shot.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Glad they are OK :)
We had the same issue as you with spiders stuck in the post-also had a good outcome.
Some are just a little more Hardy than others I think.
Can I ask what the spiders were that you got?
Thank you.Glad you had good outcome too.
The spiders are N incei classic juvenile female from(Portsmouth Tarantulas)and Phormictopus sp Dominican purple SAM (from a guy on Preloved that is quitting the hobby) luckily the packages were well prepared .

My postie that delivers to work said today, that RM are priorising business parcels, so if possible get things posted to work.
Can't promise it will get there faster, but worth a shot.
Its not that.
Its the sheer amount of post that needs to be processed and when there is a strike there is noone there to do it and it piles even more.That created a perfect storm as if for any reason delay happens and hits strike days goes even longer.
Regards Konstantin

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
So Konstantin, how are your arctic tarantulas doing? Your earlier posts indicated you were hopeful.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi all
They both doing fine.
The Phormictopus sp Dominican purple is a bit techy but had a meal yesterday and settling in.
The N incei im not sure if she ate her meal yet last night but its putting down webs and making her enclosure a new home too.
Thanks for the interest.
It seems TSS have taken down their stock from the website and few other sellers have suspended shipping atm with the bad weather forecast ahead.
Regards Konstantin

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Nice!

Sorry you had to go through that. While those little spooders will never know the steps you took to make sure they were ok, we do.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
here is a pic of the Phormictopus
Its a bit washed out atm as I suspect hasn't moulted for a while.
20221202_121149.jpg

20221202_121304.jpg

The N incei is reclusive and can't get a shot.
She didn't have the cricket offered but she is plump enough and the pray was on the large side. Will try sth smaller in a week.Not worried about that atm she is exhibiting normal behaviour for newly housed spider thats all.
Regards Konstantin

Latest posts