• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Record Cards

Euan

3 Year Member
Hi everyone what info do you keep on your record cards to keep a track of your spiders progress? Any suggestions would be great, don’t want to miss anything.
Thanks

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
We don't use cards. We do keep a molt diary, which is really handy on feeding day, with around 100 T's. For records we use a mobile phone app. I have stopped using mine, because it made no sense to keep 2 seperate records.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi everyone what info do you keep on your record cards to keep a track of your spiders progress? Any suggestions would be great, don’t want to miss anything.
Thanks
I don’t really keep records anymore. I found it to be too much of a hassle. The only records I keep are mature molt dates and feedings for females before being paired.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Each of my Ts have a Word document with date of arrival with me, what instar (if known), seller and moult dates. I also keep a feeding sheet so I can track food size and who has fed when.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It's unrealistic to keep records when you have a lot of spiders. I used to mark down mature male moults but that was it.

I would have said records become more important as your collection grows. We have just over 100 T's & without records we would not know much about any of our T's. We add pink & blue stickers to enclosures, plus scientific names to all of our T's & if we have more than one of any species, then we add a name, letter or number to the name label too. Like that we can keep a record of each T, plus a molt diary, so when we feed we know for example if one of our 3 blondi juvi's has molted. They being Tom, **** & Harry. Whilst we have klassi slings 1 & 2. Sabulosum J, X, B. I am not sure why it's not ABC etc. But it all helps us to keep track of who has done what.

Astrozombies

I would have said records become more important as your collection grows. We have just over 100 T's & without records we would not know much about any of our T's. We add pink & blue stickers to enclosures, plus scientific names to all of our T's & if we have more than one of any species, then we add a name, letter or number to the name label too. Like that we can keep a record of each T, plus a molt diary, so when we feed we know for example if one of our 3 blondi juvi's has molted. They being Tom, **** & Harry. Whilst we have klassi slings 1 & 2. Sabulosum J, X, B. I am not sure why it's not ABC etc. But it all helps us to keep track of who has done what.
It's ok with 100, I couldn't be bothered and never really suffered when I was into the hobby in a big way. Over 15000 spiders when you include spiderlings.
I'd have spent more time making records than feeding.

Latest posts