• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rearing Cricket to Live

BecabooWho

Hi,

Any advice on how can I rear the cricket to ensure that they did not die faster ? Members advise is highly welcome and thanks in advance.
I purchase crickets from my local bait shop. They’re big & strong. I only get about a dozen at a time, but they live for weeks as opposed to days, and that’s even with me basically ignoring them. I keep them in a plastic critter keeper and toss in those orange cubes for crickets, a slice or two of fresh potato & sprinkle it with Dubia Chow that I ordered online. The bait shop said they pull leaves off the tree out back and the crickets love them.
I haven’t tried breeding them or a colony larger than 15 or so, but with fresh food, egg carton & enough space you should be able to keep them alive way longer than pet store purchased kind.
Just transfer them to another enclosure and thoroughly clean the tank once a week, when potatoes get gross, or if a few start to die.
Keep in mind, crickets fed exclusively vegetables won’t have the nutrients your T needs. So use those cubes and sprinkle food supplement.

Latest posts