• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Raining for days :/

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i have no room to make a snow man :( i live in a townhouse row, my back yard is like 15x15 ft. I have a dog trail shoveled out and walkway to the garage lol. I'd love to make one with you though. Usually we do snow angels here, most of the snow we get this high in the mountains is a powder snow. excellent for skiing but not so hot for snow men or snow ball fights.

Here's my back yard on Dec. 13th last year:) There's about 1.5 ft of snow there. That stick in the snow is an in ground sprinkler, the top is 3ft off the ground. 2 weeks after this was taken we had another 2 ft of snow on top of that, i know i had pics of that somewhere but i'm not able to find them now, maybe on my home laptop. Our total last year was just over 4 ft. You can see how tiny the back yard is, the shoveled paths are i think 14 inches wide. give or take, i forget the standard snow shovel width lol 14 or 16 something like that.
20151213_193922.jpg

I don't have any pics of the front yard. It's all landscaped with bushes and trees by the HOA, less room there to build a snowman.

Just took this one looking out the doorway in my building. Good 3 ft of snow here, and now the sun is out and bright so hopefully it will warm up a bit ;)
20170105_133141.jpg

Here's a 6'4" ish snow angel if that helps i did after the first snow storm here the week after thanksgiving ;)
snow angel.jpg

Friend of mine bet me i wouldn't go outside and make an angel on the office lawn outside my window lol. I never turn down a bet, unless they're just stupid ;)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
didn't realize my pics were so huge they got cut off lol. have to change my camera settings :p

Better pic of my back yard for reference from my son's balcony during a huge hail storm in June 2015
20150518_183113.jpg

And here's the snow after a good melt with the trails shoveled. Bit wider with the melt but you get the idea.
20150201_153019.jpg

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
i have no room to make a snow man :( i live in a townhouse row, my back yard is like 15x15 ft. I have a dog trail shoveled out and walkway to the garage lol. I'd love to make one with you though. Usually we do snow angels here, most of the snow we get this high in the mountains is a powder snow. excellent for skiing but not so hot for snow men or snow ball fights.

Here's my back yard on Dec. 13th last year:) There's about 1.5 ft of snow there. That stick in the snow is an in ground sprinkler, the top is 3ft off the ground. 2 weeks after this was taken we had another 2 ft of snow on top of that, i know i had pics of that somewhere but i'm not able to find them now, maybe on my home laptop. Our total last year was just over 4 ft. You can see how tiny the back yard is, the shoveled paths are i think 14 inches wide. give or take, i forget the standard snow shovel width lol 14 or 16 something like that.
View attachment 21514

I don't have any pics of the front yard. It's all landscaped with bushes and trees by the HOA, less room there to build a snowman.

Just took this one looking out the doorway in my building. Good 3 ft of snow here, and now the sun is out and bright so hopefully it will warm up a bit ;)
View attachment 21515

Here's a 6'4" ish snow angel if that helps i did after the first snow storm here the week after thanksgiving ;)
View attachment 21516

Friend of mine bet me i wouldn't go outside and make an angel on the office lawn outside my window lol. I never turn down a bet, unless they're just stupid ;)

Lol....Now I'm gonna have to make a snow angel just to tie with you, lol...That's a good bit of snow. Last time SC had snow like that was in the early 90's. I was 11 years old. We used to get on old pieces of tin and slide down a hill.....Ahhhhh.....Those were the days. I remember my fingers being so numb from the teen temps that they hurt. Lol....Didn't think something that was numb could "hurt", lol. Country bumpkin here, lol.....Thanks for posting the pics!!! Beautiful!!!

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lol....Now I'm gonna have to make a snow angel just to tie with you, lol...That's a good bit of snow. Last time SC had snow like that was in the early 90's. I was 11 years old. We used to get on old pieces of tin and slide down a hill.....Ahhhhh.....Those were the days. I remember my fingers being so numb from the teen temps that they hurt. Lol....Didn't think something that was numb could "hurt", lol. Country bumpkin here, lol.....Thanks for posting the pics!!! Beautiful!!!
can't wait to see yours ;) oh and they make these really cool things you can wear so the cold doesn't hurt, think they're called gloves :p But i know what you mean. Tuesday morning i went to the garage to start my jeep. I was outside long enough to fast walk the 18 ft or so to the jeep, start it, then hustle back inside. My fingers were numb by then. It was -11F at 7:15, i think our high then was 8 lol.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Don't wear gloves....Not even when I'm working out in my yard....I should, though, lol....

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
me either, until it gets to that flesh freezing within 15 minutes type temps and winds lol i just complain about not having them to anyone that will listen when i get numb ;)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Major storm system came through this weekend. So far a foot of snow and still coming down. Had my son shovel after the first 5 inches.
20170108_134024.jpg

Took this about 1:30 this afternoon, during a short break in the storm. 5 hours and change later we have another 6.5 inches and counting. Storm is supposed to stop late tonight. I'm wondering if I'll be able to find the ruler tomorrow.
20170108_184524.jpg

20170108_184512.jpg

Attachments

• 20170108_184447.jpg
    20170108_184447.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

Latest posts