• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Quick Question about Coco Husk

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
So I've been out of the T world for some time now. I ended up moving in with a roommate that refused to let me bring them, so, unfortunately, I had to get rid of them. I now, however, own my own house and am about to purchase some slings and watch my babies grow all over again.

My question is, I purchased some coco husk from the pet store, opened it, soaked it and then realized it wasn't coco coir. LOL. Can I throw it in my magic bullet to break it up more? I know it's not a good substrate for T's that like to borrow. Anyone know of any good ways to grind it up?

Thanks!

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
That may do the trick, a coffee grinder might be strong enough to break it up as well, but may take awhile to break up enough if you need a whole lot at once.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just get a bag of Eco Earth from Petco or some other store. There's no messing with bricks, water etc. The cost is a fraction of what you're going to pay for enclosures, slings, shipping thereof feeders etc.

Why work harder then you have to?

Latest posts