• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question Regarding Several Pamphobeteus Species

A976486

3 Year Member
Does anyone here have experience in keeping Pamphobeteus fortis, Pamphobeteus ornatus, and/or Pamphobeteus nigricolor? I'm just wondering on what their adult sizes are in comparison to Pamphobeteus antinous.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Does anyone here have experience in keeping Pamphobeteus fortis, Pamphobeteus ornatus, and/or Pamphobeteus nigricolor? I'm just wondering on what their adult sizes are in comparison to Pamphobeteus antinous.
I have an AF nigricolor she is about 6.5 to 7 inches so possibly a shade under the antinous....which incidentally I am picking up tomorrow along with a 7 inch AF sp. petersi.

Not much difference in size really as pamphobeteus are a big species.

Also have vespertinus at about 6 inches along with ultramarinus, mascara, sp klein and a couple of others but they are larger slings or juveniles atm.

A976486

3 Year Member
I have an AF nigricolor she is about 6.5 to 7 inches so possibly a shade under the antinous....which incidentally I am picking up tomorrow along with a 7 inch AF sp. petersi.

Not much difference in size really as pamphobeteus are a big species.

Also have vespertinus at about 6 inches along with ultramarinus, mascara, sp klein and a couple of others but they are larger slings or juveniles atm.

The reason why I'm asking is that I'm wondering whether P. nigricolor, P. ornatus, and/or P. fortis could achieve maximum sizes of over 9 inches in addition to P. antinous.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The reason why I'm asking is that I'm wondering whether P. nigricolor, P. ornatus, and/or P. fortis could achieve maximum sizes of over 9 inches in addition to P. antinous.
In general I would say the other species are likely to be slightly smaller. Most pampho capable of 8 inches though so not going to be a million miles away from antinous :)