• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question about uneaten cricket

ChuckP

3 Year Member
If a cricket goes into a T's burrow and hasn't been eaten for 24 hours do you do everything you can to get the cricket out even if you might mess up the burrow, since it might be in premolt? Thanks

ChuckP

3 Year Member
Looks like he got it, was just concerned because he usually hits it when right in front of him. Sling
Augacephalus ezendami

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
If it happens again try luring the cricket out with some food. Throw some fish flakes or a piece of a veggie in the enclosure then check it on it every now and then while until you catch the cricket out eating, then snag it quick.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

cameron137

3 Year Member
If it happens again try luring the cricket out with some food. Throw some fish flakes or a piece of a veggie in the enclosure then check it on it every now and then while until you catch the cricket out eating, then snag it quick.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
genious

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
But pretty much if u cant find the cricket dont tear up the spider's hide. If u think the spider might be in premolt, smush the cricket's head and put it by the burrow entrance, the cricket will kick around some and if the spider wants it, it will come out and get it. Thats what i do with all my tiny tarantulas. just ot be on the safe side.

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
Sometimes the T isn't necessarily hungry when you offer food, and I noticed after a bit, some of mine will kill n eat the prey simply because it's invading it's space and wants it away

Latest posts