• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pushing my luck a little, but can anyone help?

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Gosh I've become quite popular in this thread.....sorry guys. I haven't been on in a while and just checked my alerts. Thanks for tagging me, guys. I would love to help. I'm going male with this one. I'm taking its a B. auratum or smithi? At this leg span a B. smithi flap would be very prominent. Now, auratum are a bit more tricky. To me, that appears to be the "break" in the exuvium (the white portion in the midst of the exuvium between the book lungs). I don't see spermatheca, either. There is a dark triangle above the exuvium. That would indicate epiandrous fusillae on a male. At 3", the spermatheca would be showing (even if it's lighter in color on an immature female). No hate from me, lol....it's nice to know that you have hobby friends and family that would ask you for help! Makes me feel all tingly inside, lol.... I feel loved! :p:);):D

NatashaG

3 Year Member
Gosh I've become quite popular in this thread.....sorry guys. I haven't been on in a while and just checked my alerts. Thanks for tagging me, guys. I would love to help. I'm going male with this one. I'm taking its a B. auratum or smithi? At this leg span a B. smithi flap would be very prominent. Now, auratum are a bit more tricky. To me, that appears to be the "break" in the exuvium (the white portion in the midst of the exuvium between the book lungs). I don't see spermatheca, either. There is a dark triangle above the exuvium. That would indicate epiandrous fusillae on a male. At 3", the spermatheca would be showing (even if it's lighter in color on an immature female). No hate from me, lol....it's nice to know that you have hobby friends and family that would ask you for help! Makes me feel all tingly inside, lol.... I feel loved! :p:);):D
Thank you for taking the time to look :D He is a B.Smithi :) I guess it is safe to say male now then, but I'm more than happy with that (with a husband and an elderly male dog in the household, i'm used to living with boys by now:p). I guess i just heard the whole 'if there is something there, it's a girl' thing and was a bit confused! Will have to research this further for any future T's and the next moult, but I cannot thank everyone enough for the help I have received with this! Will love to repay you all with some good photographs of Zoltan when he emerges from the depths of his hide :):T:

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You are very special @Casey K. ......☺

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thank you for taking the time to look :D He is a B.Smithi :) I guess it is safe to say male now then, but I'm more than happy with that (with a husband and an elderly male dog in the household, i'm used to living with boys by now:p). I guess i just heard the whole 'if there is something there, it's a girl' thing and was a bit confused! Will have to research this further for any future T's and the next moult, but I cannot thank everyone enough for the help I have received with this! Will love to repay you all with some good photographs of Zoltan when he emerges from the depths of his hide :):T:
I am complete opposite, 4 daughters in my household!

NatashaG

3 Year Member
I am complete opposite, 4 daughters in my household!
I lived with my mum and sister until we both moved out, and now the boys are taking over! To be fair, being a girl myself, I know that we are pretty hard to live with :p:D I might prefer it this way :cool:;)

NatashaG

3 Year Member
Oh believe me when I say I know the feeling!!! I have 1.4, myself! My son being the youngest so you could imagine how he feels, bless his heart!!!
I have a younger brother, and obviously my dad lived with us too, but with 3 girls in the house we drove them mad :p Perhaps letting a few tarantulas loose would solve the problem ;)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh believe me when I say I know the feeling!!! I have 1.4, myself! My son being the youngest so you could imagine how he feels, bless his heart!!!
Will need to be in touch with feminine side
I lived with my mum and sister until we both moved out, and now the boys are taking over! To be fair, being a girl myself, I know that we are pretty hard to live with :p:D I might prefer it this way :cool:;)
"Pretty" hard......more like freekin Die hard lol

Latest posts