• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Purchasing spiders while overseas and taking back to US?

SpiderCafe

Does anybody have a real life experience with this? I am traveling to Europe and my family lives close to Spider Shop. I'd love to get few spiders: 8-10 and either: declare them and take them back to US with me on the plane or Fedex them to myself from EU to US. Is either one even an option? Thank you!

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
As far as I know, as soon as they are declared with US customs, they will be removed and likely will die. If not declared, then one is subject to a felony. I think transporting tarantulas across the pond can only be done with an import license. Does anyone know different?

SpiderCafe

Have them legally imported through a licensed importer and pay for the privilege of picking your T in person abroad
Ok I remember someone saying you could do it as hobbyist but what you are saying makes more sense. I wonder if it may be worth it for me to get that import license since I go there twice a year anyway. Thanks a lot!

Latest posts