• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pumpkin patch always falls down

hellknite

3 Year Member
I received a 1 cm hapalopus colombia sling recently, and I haven't removed it from the delicup it came with. I've been observing it closely every night. I think it feeds greedily but on times it is out of the small burrow, I've noticed that it usually climbs on top of the delicup and falls down. I've seen this happen 5x. Is it normal?
uploadfromtaptalk1413110397259.jpg

Last edited:

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Gorgeous sling!

Mine will come out to explore often, but I didn't leave them too far to fall. If it keeps climbing and falling down, I would put some more substrate in to prevent injury. Better safe than sorry. Personally, I keep mine 1 cm specimens in plastic dram vials that are about 3.5" deep and 2" circumference. The substrate is filled to about 3/4" from the top. This gives them some room to explore, but still keeps it easy for them to locate prey.

They do grow like weeds, though, so a enclosure transfer will be in the future!

Latest posts