• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pre molt?

adz07

3 Year Member
I think my chile gold burst may be in pre molt, she is generally very active on an evening and really calm and docile but the past few days she has been rooted to one area of her enclosure and got a little defensive when I put my hand in to retrieve her water dish to change it as she has a lovely habit of putting dirt in it she did eat a cricket a few days ago but her behaviour is out of character for her, keeping a close eye on her just to make sure :)

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Often in premolt the tarantula will act sluggish. When they're growing a brand new skin under the old one, it's like having too many layers of clothes on. Hampers movement a bit. Try offering her a cricket and see if she goes for it.

adz07

3 Year Member
She did have a cricket yesterday kicked dirt into her water and then returned to her corner and is sat not moving much again

adz07

3 Year Member
Little update on how my little one is doing, she hasn't touched food for around 2 weeks now he did become more active around her enclosure but hasn't eaten, and checking her this morning when I got up she appears to be laying a molt matt, I am now like a nervous expectant father as this will be the first time one of my t's has molted I have made sure she is in a nice dark quiet place just to help her settle :)

adz07

3 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407918400.669592.jpg

There she is

adz07

3 Year Member
Ok so she has been sat not moving for around 7 hours but over the last 20 minutes she has made real progress and hopefully will have fully molted soon

adz07

3 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408002089.454458.jpg

My girl full molted, her colours have completely changed she looks like a completely different t :)

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
What a beauty! Can you post a pic when is hardened up? My P. parvula is one of my favorites; such a gorgeous and underrated T (she's actually my avatar photo).

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
WOW! Look at that red on her abdomen...is it really that bright, or is it the light? Just a beautiful specimen?

Did you say it was a "Chilean Gold Burst" (P. parvula) or is it a "Chilean Beauty" (E. truculentus)? Just gorgeous!

adz07

3 Year Member
It's the chilean gold burst p parvula and yes the red really is that bright it was a real transformation from what she was ;)

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Those gold tones with that red patch is just stunning! Now I'm going to be waiting for mine to molt. :)

adz07

3 Year Member
I know I never expected it, all the pictures I have seen the t has been a light brown colour really pleased with how he looks :)

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Fantastic photo sequence! Thanks for sharing and congrats on the molt!

Latest posts