• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Possible Death Curl?

haney

3C10B5E0-55F6-457D-94D6-636C936068E8.jpeg
Is this a possible death curl? ): I’m worried and idk what to do, replies would be appreciated!

Seamus

3 Year Member
View attachment 56760Is this a possible death curl? ): I’m worried and idk what to do, replies would be appreciated!
Hi can't really tell by that picture but usually a death curl happens on the ground. It looks to me that it's on the side of its enclosure. Have you tried touching it with a brush or a straw to see if it's still alive

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi,
Hoping for the best but this doesn't llok like a death curl. Death curl usually has the legs folding under the tarantula. Haney, could we please get a picture of the full enclosure?

haney

Hi can't really tell by that picture but usually a death curl happens on the ground. It looks to me that it's on the side of its enclosure. Have you tried touching it with a brush or a straw to see if it's still alive
I believe he was just stressed but he's fine now!

haney

Hi,
Hoping for the best but this doesn't llok like a death curl. Death curl usually has the legs folding under the tarantula. Haney, could we please get a picture of the full enclosure?
Hello! I just spoke to more people about this situation and they had suggested more substrate and to change the mesh wiring on the enclosure's lid, I have now done those things and thankfully he's way better now!

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello! I just spoke to more people about this situation and they had suggested more substrate and to change the mesh wiring on the enclosure's lid, I have now done those things and thankfully he's way better now!
Again, it is really hard to say or help without a picture of the enclosure ;)

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Although the correct depth of substrate will make a difference to the long term care of your T. I am not sure, I that I can think of a reason that would make a few cm's of substrate a big & quick difference to anything. And as for the mesh, I have never heard of that causing a T to decide to curl up, unless the T had been caught up in the mesh before.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Jumping in here with a high level thought, stressors aren't always abundantly clear to the keeper, each individual animal has its own needs and sensitivities.

As suggested, please post a picture of the entire enclosure, and animal - maybe we can see something the OP cannot

Latest posts