• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Polish sellers

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
Does anyone know if "DC" used after a spider by polish sellers is cm, inches, legspan, body length?

Example
1.0.0 lasiodora parahybana 3.5DC

Thanks in advance [emoji4]

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This always fooled me but it's:-
DC = body length, so. 3DC is 3cm of body
L = level, so. L8 means that spider has had 8 moults, what we call 8th instar.

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
Yes, but the website doesn't got to payment, you'll need to get details from Jakub.
How long does he usually take to send the details? I placed an order on friday morning and i emailed to ask if i could pay through paypal on friday afternoon, and ive emailed again this dinner time asking again, but still no reply.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
He was going to Budapest on Thursday but not sure when he's back, could be tomorrow so I expect he'll get back to you on Monday. His PayPal address is [email protected] if you want to send the money.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Oh right, no probs. I could send the money but ive not received a revised order email yet with postage included.

If you're getting them through the mail you'll need to wait but if you're using the courier delivery is paid to them when they deliver so you could pay for the Ts whenever you want.

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
Jakub replied to me this morning now that he got back from budapest. Ive paid for my order inc shipping. Anyways just wondering, is the delivery by courier the standard service he uses or is that the same as spidersworld, you ask for your order to be sent through the courier as you pay the driver? Ive emailed him to ask about delivery times but hes not replied as i imagine he will be very busy seen as hes been away.
Just wasnt sure if my order would be sent through normal mail service or courier?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It sounds as though it will be through the post, that is his standard delivery, I think the courier is around £15 for just Ts. He won't be able to give you an expected delivery time but he will usually send a tracking number. The problem is that once they leave Poland (usually within 24 hours of dispatch) tracking doesn't work and the hold ups usually occur at the Heathrow Distribution Centre. For some reason the RM doesn't track parcels from abroad. He usually dispatches them on a Monday and if you're lucky they could be with you Thursday but I've had them take 10 days to arrive, I've never had a DOA from Poland though.

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
Thanks enn, im sure jakub will send promptly. Ive only ever bought from spidersworld in terms of polish sellers, this is my first order from jakub so i was abit unsure as to how he does things compared to spidersworld. Seems pretty much the same though. Im getting that "excited for my new arrivals" feeling again lol

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I too am getting excited as I have 2 new ones coming this weekend along with new terrariums from Jakub and Ts for a couple of other members on here who ordered through me.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks enn, im sure jakub will send promptly. Ive only ever bought from spidersworld in terms of polish sellers, this is my first order from jakub so i was abit unsure as to how he does things compared to spidersworld. Seems pretty much the same though. Im getting that "excited for my new arrivals" feeling again lol
I have had post arrivals from spiderworld.Pl (Morph) who must use at least 3 newspapers in packaging.....lol and the courier (driver) service from spidershop.pl (Jakub). As @Enn49 will confirm, if you order their tanks (I got 2 x 30x25x25 for less than £20) the courier service where you pay the driver £15* cash, then any spiders in the same order are also delivered by courier. They are usually shipped out Friday and can arrive any time that weekend. Mine was 5.45am on Sunday. You are close to me so although he may have to check, I am sure they will deliver to youR county.

*The couriers appear to be independent of the shops and they tried it on with me saying delivery was £20. I said £15 was the price agreed and said I would get invoice. He grunted something Polish and shook my hand so suspect they try it on to have a bit of extra cash so just be aware of that. Stick to what Jakub says the cost is.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I too am getting excited as I have 2 new ones coming this weekend along with new terrariums from Jakub and Ts for a couple of other members on here who ordered through me.
All set for this weekend then. Exciting ☺

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
DC is "Don't know" in Poland. They think "know" starts with a "c"
Ha ha..... you may be right about the "don't cnow" bit but what Enn has quoted in an earlier reply is what they advise in their actual website too so hopefully a little more informed.....hopefully ☺
I asked the same question originally as was expecting the DLS reference we all know and love. ☺

Latest posts