• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Plz help

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not necessarily.. I've found spiders resting in strange positions like that a bunch of times. Just keep an eye on her, or use a soft light object and gently touch a back leg, get her to move and observe her.

kaz

3 Year Member
my b.smithi done this a day after it molted, thought something may have been amiss at first since it doesn't usually rest like that but absolutely fine, my Rosea sometimes sits with a few legs tucked up but again shes does it from Time to time and nothing seems amiss! Id only worry if it were all legs tucked up!! Then id be worrying!!

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not the nest picture, but this is how my A. Versicolor was sitting for ages the other night. I think she was just in the middle of a pedicure lol.
AKogArw.jpg

Tuskedwings

3 Year Member
Hahahahahaha she looks like she is testing you it's like a staring contest with herself or was up to late and just kinda slid down the glass and doesn't care awesome pic

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That tarantula is clearly trying to form a human hand holding up a middle finger...did you change prey items lately?o_O
It wouldn't surprise me if she showed me the birdie lol. At least she's stopped jumping at the glass every time someone got close to her vivarium (only does this to my husband now, lol).
I think the problem isn't a change of prey items, it's not throwing one in every time I'm near her ;). She is a bit on the greedy side when not in premolt, typical Versi (even attacks her water dish when I refill it. If I was handling any of mine, she wouldn't be one of them, but I love her to bits).

misstque

3 Year Member
I'm new here but I can assure you not to worry. I saw my B. smithi once in a strange postion with one of its leg under, but nothing bad happened. Maybe they just feel comfortable in that position :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It wouldn't surprise me if she showed me the birdie lol. At least she's stopped jumping at the glass every time someone got close to her vivarium (only does this to my husband now, lol).
I think the problem isn't a change of prey items, it's not throwing one in every time I'm near her ;). She is a bit on the greedy side when not in premolt, typical Versi (even attacks her water dish when I refill it. If I was handling any of mine, she wouldn't be one of them, but I love her to bits).
You know I've heard that about versicolors several times...all three of mine are pretty calm, I guess I got lucky :p

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You know I've heard that about versicolors several times...all three of mine are pretty calm, I guess I got lucky :p
I guess they all have individual characters. My A. Geniculata is meant to be a big mean beast, but she's actually one of my most docile spiders (unless it's about food and/or water). She's never kicked hair (thankfully. I don't fancy getting a cloud of Genic hair on me) or thrown a threat pose, but she's still young and not fully grown, so it might change yet lol.
My Versi is pretty cool though, at least she's always in the front of her tank waiting for food (that said it would be nice of her to occasionally show her more colourful back and not just her belly lol). I'm hoping my Amazonica grows up similar to her. Just now it's just a tiny skittish sling.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I guess they all have individual characters. My A. Geniculata is meant to be a big mean beast, but she's actually one of my most docile spiders (unless it's about food and/or water). She's never kicked hair (thankfully. I don't fancy getting a cloud of Genic hair on me) or thrown a threat pose, but she's still young and not fully grown, so it might change yet lol.
My Versi is pretty cool though, at least she's always in the front of her tank waiting for food (that said it would be nice of her to occasionally show her more colourful back and not just her belly lol). I'm hoping my Amazonica grows up similar to her. Just now it's just a tiny skittish sling.
Well you got me on the genics...mine are both pure attitude. I still love them though. Maybe because of the attitude. I need to get an amazonica...but first the campbridgei...maybe I'll get both as slings friday. Neither is very expensive as a sling.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Might as well save on the postage and order both together :p...
My little Amazonica sling is a nice little thing. I think it's a bit too small to show proper character yet. It arrived in premolt and molted after about 2 weeks and I think it might be in premolt again as it spends a lot of time webbing and less time, if any, eating at the moment.
It used to give me heart attacks as it would jump from leaf to leaf rather than climb. When I changed over its tub it climbed on my hand and just sat there while I was having one of those "Awwwww! Don't move, don't even breathe!" moments, lol.
I can't wait to see it grow out of that fragile sling state.

Latest posts