• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please, please, please...

Pasodama

3 Year Member
Well what i'm waiting on avic purp, B.boehmei,B.emilia,avic avic. Probably will get a few more that catch my eye when the fime comes. Trying to get up to haveing 20. I currently have 15

Nice.:)
Other than the A. avic, each of those are on my wish list (especially the B. emilia).
Although, I wouldn't pass on an A. avic.;)

Pasodama

3 Year Member
The avic avic is a hope. I have the worse luck finding them. So i may not even get one when the time comes but the rest once they are available. Maybe a blue fang

Each of those are, currently, available. Just depends on where you look.
I would get them, right now, but my wishlist is long and bank account is short.;)
The blue fang is a pretty cool T.

Pasodama

3 Year Member
Yeah, to scattered about tho. Want to get them from same source and have to wait on money any way.

I think one place has all but one.
However, 'tis true, seems nobody has each/all of them right at this moment.
Of course, sure understand the money thing too.

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
I'm looking to get a B. smithi, perhaps a B. emilia. The breeder I'll be visiting at the upcoming hamburg, PA show also has some P. vittata available, though I'm not sure if I'm ready for the lightening fast speed of a pokie.

@Enn49 if I were to get a P. vittata, could I name him/her Enn in honor of your sweet girl? I'd like very much to keep her memory alive here in this forum.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm looking to get a B. smithi, perhaps a B. emilia. The breeder I'll be visiting at the upcoming hamburg, PA show also has some P. vittata available, though I'm not sure if I'm ready for the lightening fast speed of a pokie.

@Enn49 if I were to get a P. vittata, could I name him/her Enn in honor of your sweet girl? I'd like very much to keep her memory alive here in this forum.

My son got Enn as his first T and we never had a problem with her.

I think that's a lovely thought. I don't know if you know but Enn means 8 in Tamil, a language spoken by many in the area where the P. vittata originates.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

What breeder are you meeting there?

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
My son got Enn as his first T and we never had a problem with her.

I think that's a lovely thought. I don't know if you know but Enn means 8 in Tamil, a language spoken by many in the area where the P. vittata originates.
I didn't know what Enn meant, but I love it :) it's a name that's beyond perfect.

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
@Shampain - I read about the venom. I don't do a lot of hands on handling with my Ts. My boyfriend has handled our G. rosea but that's about it. I figure it's unlikely that they enjoy handling, so why stress them? I also read that P. vittata is a great beginner pokie, which also peaks my interest, along with their natural beauty of course.

@IamKrush - Anastasia at netbug is the vendor I'll be visiting first, after we help our friend get his tables set up. I purchased a lovely B. vagans from her at the last show. I usually stop by Kamel Spiders as well, great folks, I have one of their G. pulchripes slings. Do you go to the Hamburg show as well?

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Shampain - I read about the venom. I don't do a lot of hands on handling with my Ts. My boyfriend has handled our G. rosea but that's about it. I figure it's unlikely that they enjoy handling, so why stress them? I also read that P. vittata is a great beginner pokie, which also peaks my interest, along with their natural beauty of course.

@IamKrush - Anastasia at netbug is the vendor I'll be visiting first, after we help our friend get his tables set up. I purchased a lovely B. vagans from her at the last show. I usually stop by Kamel Spiders as well, great folks, I have one of their G. pulchripes slings. Do you go to the Hamburg show as well?

Nice, Anastasia was the first breeder I've delt with. Great lady and very helpful. Also what you said about handling Ts Im the same. I treat them like one would a fish. I enjoy observing . The only one i've handlig was my E.sp red and that's because it walked out on to me.

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
Nice, Anastasia was the first breeder I've delt with. Great lady and very helpful. Also what you said about handling Ts Im the same. I treat them like one would a fish. I enjoy observing . The only one i've handlig was my E.sp red and that's because it walked out on to me.
Anastasia is wonderful! She's always very helpful with answering any questions I may have, and I usually have a handful. I look forward to seeing her again at the next show.

Sounds like your E. sp red was feeling a bit curious that day. My Ts usually hide when I open up the enclosures, but they're all quite small still, so I suppose that could change down the road.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The e.sp is about 1/3" all my other Ts will run and hide or stand still cautiously. Ironicly the only threat pose I got was from my g.porteri thats a 1/4" i was certain it would of been the obt that did that first,lol.

Eavlynn

3 Year Member
The e.sp is about 1/3" all my other Ts will run and hide or stand still cautiously. Ironicly the only threat pose I got was from my g.porteri thats a 1/4" i was certain it would of been the obt that did that first,lol.
Haha I got a threat pose from my 1 inch G rosea (which I think may be a porteri, she's gotten rather brown, and species wasn't specified when she was gifted to me), as well as my tiny 1/4 inch B albo. They're so small that I couldn't even take it seriously, it just came across as cute :)

Latest posts