• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help with some advice

crystavistaa45

Can anyone help me with my tarantula ? She’s actually strange and I just need some help I’m worried , she’s laying kinda flat in her enclosure but not moving much at all kinda lethargic .. she’s spun a mat web underneath herself .. but she’s not on her back . She’s not moving much at all . Previous owners had her for like six yeah I’ve had her for about six months .. is it still possible for her to molt ? Or is she stuck or sick . I’m worried thank you in advance .

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Yes I think pictures of the T and enclosure would help. Alot.
I am sure Arachnoclown, with his decades of experience, and others here could rattle off some possibilities, but without more information such as photos (and species) you risk a misdiagnosis.

crystavistaa45

Attachments

• 74587ABC-71F6-4376-8F93-0503B9893864.jpeg
    74587ABC-71F6-4376-8F93-0503B9893864.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 72
  • 47DD567B-66E5-4FC4-BB66-7AE4E5D30668.jpeg
    47DD567B-66E5-4FC4-BB66-7AE4E5D30668.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 72
  • 1F35C3F2-0EF7-48A0-AC02-4335AD7F27ED.jpeg
    1F35C3F2-0EF7-48A0-AC02-4335AD7F27ED.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 73

crystavistaa45

her floor Matt web was not there yesterday. She stopped eating about three weeks ago . And her legs are just laying there not tightly curled or anything I’m just worried and don’t know what’s happening if I can I want to fix it and help her .

crystavistaa45

Yes I think pictures of the T and enclosure would help. Alot.
I am sure Arachnoclown, with his decades of experience, and others here could rattle off some possibilities, but without more information such as photos (and species) you risk a misdiagnosis.
I posted pictures , and yes I agree thank you !

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Not eating and laying a floor mat are usually signs of a molt pending, called premolt. How long have you had this spider?

crystavistaa45

Attachments

• 2B7FC8F6-DE14-4504-9DBE-BF8A1E3EA3DA.jpeg
    2B7FC8F6-DE14-4504-9DBE-BF8A1E3EA3DA.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • 344DAC2C-5D32-4E6B-9691-19DF12AA2E8E.jpeg
    344DAC2C-5D32-4E6B-9691-19DF12AA2E8E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • 2A8FA1ED-B63F-4331-AF69-82C6E359BDDB.jpeg
    2A8FA1ED-B63F-4331-AF69-82C6E359BDDB.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13

Cr0w

Can anyone help me with my tarantula ? She’s actually strange and I just need some help I’m worried , she’s laying kinda flat in her enclosure but not moving much at all kinda lethargic .. she’s spun a mat web underneath herself .. but she’s not on her back . She’s not moving much at all . Previous owners had her for like six yeah I’ve had her for about six months .. is it still possible for her to molt ? Or is she stuck or sick . I’m worried thank you in advance .
She's molting

Diamondsho89

Hello, I believe she is in premolt. Yes, she can still molt. Look to see if her abdomen has darkened to a shiney black appearing to be under her current exoskeleton. This is a sure sign of an impending molt. Premolt is usually a very still energy preserving process where liquids are diverted to the space between old and new exoskeletons. No activity is normal as long as she isn't in a death curl your ok.
If your curious just shoot a small stream of water directly into the gap between chalicera.
She will take in the water directly through her sucking stomach hydrating her and maybe causing a response to stimulus. The molt mat is a sure sign she will molt soon. The older the T becomes the molts begin to take longer, are more taxing, and come more infrequently.
Be patient, keep substrate under molt mat moist, give direct stream water before and after a molt ( never while on their backs) it works wonders as it's an autonomic response, on their part, to take in the water that contacts the opening to sucking stomach between chalicera if you can get water there.
Good luck, you got this!

Critter

Latest posts