• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Placement in home & Behavior

LauraMI

3 Year Member
So while it seems many T-keepers have tarantula rooms, I'm not so lucky. My spiders have to share the common living space and therefore are subject to the common vibrations. Does this affect our arachnids?
My GBB is on the kitchen table while the other 3 are now on a highboy on our bedroom. I moved them there after all three burrowed. Thought they did so due to impending molts, which the B. vagans has, but the G. pulcra un-barricaded itself after two weeks and I still haven't seen the Chaco 1/4" sling.
Prior to this final move to the bedroom, all the arachnids were on the entertainment center beside a small aquarium. Could the vibrations of the small filter upset them? The stompings of my toddler/husband? The t.v?
We live in a post-WWII house w/ wood floors; the place is quite small and very creaky! All this doesn't seem to bother the wild spiders who have moved in, but I don't feed/worry over those guys either.

philflake

3 Year Member
I kept my 2 T's on a three level shelf along with a fish aquarium. I moved the aquarium so I could use the 3rd shelf for another T I'm getting. One of my slings always burrowed and never came out. Since I moved the aquarium and pump away it is out and about alot now. My adult rose hair never seems to be bothered by anything. She is very cool and mellow.

BossRoss

3 Year Member
I must admit my Ts have different reactions to noise and movement. Some seem not bothered at all but my featherleg Baboon runs for her hiding spot as soon as there is any vibration and movement-even me which I thought she would be use to by now.

A shelf of the sorts were there is little interference is best though but I am in the same boat as you where I my Ts and I share the living space.