• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pinktoe webbing?

MissKitty

I just posted a new thread, in wrong forum...
I have a C.Avicularia sling,about two weeks now. She just finally ate a pinhead yesterday.
She hasn't started a web yet,just clings to the side of the enclosure. I am just concernef she is still maybe stressed ??? Anyone have any insight on this?

MissKitty

Here's a pic

Attachments

• 20190614_225917.jpg
    20190614_225917.jpg
    692.7 KB · Views: 131

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You should flip the enclosure over though. When they webb it will be at the top and you'll tear up their webbing every time you open it. Burn a hole in the top with a soldering iron and screw the cork bark to it. Melting extra ventilation holes would be good too...do t want it to get too stuffy in there.
15609839126893163154172780411966.jpg
15609839735186783456757216161512.jpg

Pinkyx92

IMG_20190707_232823~3.jpg
IMG_20190707_232918~2.jpg

Sora Meu my AA has webbed his month old enclosure that much. 3.5in Male btw. I suspect he is in premolt so the webbing may increase? @MissKitty How has your Pinktoe been so far? Noticed an increase in webbing? Very curious to know!

Pinky

Pinkyx92

Mine is only a sling,

LOL I should have looked at your pic I didn't raise up my AA so I don't know if they are more terrestrial as slings like with burrowing or of they web up young like that. I know they love silk plants to web up. I will read up more in the morning. I do think they web up as slings if given the proper enclosure? My P. Cam. is one of those species that can act more terrestrial as as slings and juvies but my sling was given little substrate and anchor points and at 2i she made herself a beautiful web. Then again they all have different personalities too. :p Has your sling webbed at all? it has been almost a month since your last post too. LMK

Pinkyx92

Aw Tilly is adorable. I got Sora Meu from a pet store that didn't take care of him properly..not even giving him an arboreal enclosure just a generic glass cage with little substrate and a wood hide more suited for a terrestrial. He had no decorations or anchor points to make a tunnel hide off the ground so he would just sit on the glass curled up and looking so sad! He is such a sweetheart. Docile as can be. I can pick him up by pinch grabbing and he doesn't seem to mind and I hardly ever do that to him. I handle some of my T's just to get them used to it in case I have to for whatever reason. Anyway kinda rambled..but since I am on the topic where did you get Tilly from?

MissKitty

I got Tilly from Jamie's Tarantulas. I have had her a month. She is 1/2 inch. I don't handle her , she's too tiny. I have a Mexican Fireleg, a month too. He is a juvie, don't handle him, he's waaaaay to fast and flicks hairs. The only one I ever handle is my A. Hentzi. I have no idea how old she is. She just molted again 8 days ago. She is wild caught..and so mellow. Has never flicked hairs or postured.
I can't wait til my Tilly gets big!
That's my Miss Kitty.
I named my Versicolor Tilly because they originate from the Antilles and Martinique islands.

Attachments

• 0708191324.jpg
    0708191324.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 0708191325.jpg
    0708191325.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32

Liam

I just posted a new thread, in wrong forum...
I have a C.Avicularia sling,about two weeks now. She just finally ate a pinhead yesterday.
She hasn't started a web yet,just clings to the side of the enclosure. I am just concernef she is still maybe stressed ??? Anyone have any insight on this?
Mines the same. Im still a tarantula noob so i worry at the slightest thing but last night, when i should of been resting up for work, i was sat watching to see what it gets up to at night and i caught it making a little web, so naturally i got excited and then it just destroyed it and stormed off. I think they are just like that.

Latest posts