• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

pill jar?

Grammostola in my heart

3 Year Member
i have a half inch versi and i wanna put it in a pill jar, but there were pills in it and there is a smell to the jar. i washed it thoroughly multiple times. is it alright if i put the versi in there? the smell is very faint.

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
When I use old pill jars I fill them with aquarium filter charcoal and hot water. Let them sit a few hours and then rinse thoroughly. No more smell. I've used a few vials like this with no issue.

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
my pet store. I got lucky and a dollar store near me had some so I grabbed a couple boxes, I use it to take the food smell of out stuff like peanut butter jars

Grammostola in my heart

3 Year Member
cool. i didnt know that. the smells gone(it was airing out for a week) so, no more fumes. isabelle (the versi) seems to be pretty happy considering shes already made a sizable web and shes been in there for about an hour

Latest posts