• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

phampobeteus sp.duran

Sissi

Hi can you tell if this Is male or female? Its picture after molting. Thanks
IMG_20220503_210729_HDR.jpg

Sissi

The molt was completely destroyed. I tried to moisten it, but important part were very torn. This species has tibial hook, right? And I dont sebe any. But right now I can't see front legs, because the spider is in corner and posture Is not good.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The molt was completely destroyed. I tried to moisten it, but important part were very torn. This species has tibial hook, right? And I dont sebe any. But right now I can't see front legs, because the spider is in corner and posture Is not good.
I went to Instagram to go find pictures of that particular species, I did not see any tibial hooks on the pictures I found. They are sexually dimorphic. Your specimen has to be a MM.

plessey

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
When a Pamphobeteus suddenly turns from brown to purple then you can usually bet the house on it being male. I suspect in this case a quick look at the pedipalps will tell us all we need to know.

Latest posts