• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Petting Tarantulas

spodermin

Here’s a wee beagle for you honey
W75kt8H.gif

Let me know when you wanna bite off! :D lol

Lmfao alright man, stay tuned!

Greg

3 Year Member
I always find it interesting the way people anthropomorphize animals (attribute human emotions or behaviors to them). We forget these are spiders because the are large and fuzzy. They basically operate by responding to stimuli, just like your little house spider that runs around the floor, just a bigger version. Would you want to pet a ****roach, or a beetle? Do you think they would "like" it?. Didn't think so... However its still kind of fun that some folks call their spiders "sweetheart", and "darling". Has anyone every kissed their tarantula?

spodermin

I always find it interesting the way people anthropomorphize animals (attribute human emotions or behaviors to them). We forget these are spiders because the are large and fuzzy. They basically operate by responding to stimuli, just like your little house spider that runs around the floor, just a bigger version. Would you want to pet a ****roach, or a beetle? Do you think they would "like" it?. Didn't think so... However its still kind of fun that some folks call their spiders "sweetheart", and "darling". Has anyone every kissed their tarantula?

You say they respond to stimuli and also that they don't respond to stimuli

Nobody knows what a spider, or ****roach, thinks or feels

nedaK

I know some people who have kissed wolf spiders

Tnoob

I’ll get bit by a Pokie if you film yourself getting bit...Promise
Lol I have an H. Mac sling and a camera. How do I piss it off? I already flooded the old enclosure, banged it around all over the place in bringing it home, and poking it a few times with my tongs. It's been pretty chill...

spodermin

Lol I have an H. Mac sling and a camera. How do I piss it off? I already flooded the old enclosure, banged it around all over the place in bringing it home, and poking it a few times with my tongs. It's been pretty chill...

Slings are chill. Wait till it gets big and it might show attitude but H. Mac and pokies arent aggressive spiders in general

spodermin

They're defensive but also skittish. I find they're more bolty than bitey, and slings dont demonstrate adult behavior at all. Just like the OBT, you won't see the attitude come out till way later. Get a phormictopus man, they grow like weeds and have a bad attitude from 2"

Tnoob

They're defensive but also skittish. I find they're more bolty than bitey, and slings dont demonstrate adult behavior at all. Just like the OBT, you won't see the attitude come out till way later. Get a phormictopus man, they grow like weeds and have a bad attitude from 2"
You're so good at giving me bad ideas.

Latest posts