• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pet wolf spider dropped egg sac!!!!!

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The wolf spider my daughter found a month or so back has been eating n doing well. Even molted. Well, yesterday it buried itself and webbed over the hole. Figured molt again. Tnite I check, and see it rolling around with a white ball!!! I was in shock.

Thistles

3 Year Member
Awesome! Great pic to get that little sac in the picture.

There is a big female Dolomedes tenebrosus female hiding in an underground propane tank lid next to my house and she's got a sac. I've been debating rounding her up and keeping or giving away some slings when the happy day comes. Would you have any interest in that? Another Dolomedes sac just hatched a week or two ago, but the slings have all dispersed.

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member

There is a big female Dolomedes tenebrosus female hiding in an underground propane tank lid next to my house and she's got a sac. I've been debating rounding her up and keeping or giving away some slings when the happy day comes. Would you have any interest in that? Another Dolomedes sac just hatched a week or two ago, but the slings have all dispersed.
That'd be awesome. I personally have no idea when I'd have to take it away, and how to care for it. I found it cool and surprising.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

How hard are they to keep?
We usually have a couple of wolf spiders. Generally juveniles we let winter with us and turn loose in the spring.

Thistles

3 Year Member
How hard are they to keep?
We usually have a couple of wolf spiders. Generally juveniles we let winter with us and turn loose in the spring.
I dunno, actually. I've never kept one, but I know they're one of the more popular trues to catch in the States due to their size. I'll see if I can snag her tomorrow and keep her until that sac pops. Should be any day now, as I've been watching her for a while. She's got a pretty sweet place to live. Then I'll forward momma and some kids to spiderdad or other interested parties and let the rest go. Or something like that. I should look into sling care first.

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
Keep us posted might like a couple if they do well in captivity.
My "mama" seems to be doing great. It's eaten like a monster since I brought her in, and she is constantly digging and moving stuff around her enclosure. She is always in motion.
The day after I brought her in, she molted and she's a good 1.5".
I like her

Thistles

3 Year Member
My "mama" seems to be doing great. It's eaten like a monster since I brought her in, and she is constantly digging and moving stuff around her enclosure. She is always in motion.
The day after I brought her in, she molted and she's a good 1.5".
I like her
Wait, she molted then dropped a sac? :(

Latest posts